Miller-Golf Links Library is a 15,000-square-foot library at Golf Links & Harrison Roads in southeast Tucson. The library currently serves the populations of southeast Tucson and is also the most convenient library for residents of Civano, Sierra Morado, Rita Ranch, and Vail.
Where is Miller-Golf Links Library located?
Miller-Golf Links Library is located at 9640 E. Golf Links Rd Rd, just east of Harrison Road in southeast Tucson.
What are the hours?
- Monday – Thursday: 10am–8pm
- Friday: 10am–5pm
- Saturday: 9am–5pm
- Sunday: 1pm–5pm
What is the parking situation at the library?
Free and plentiful.
What year did Miller-Golf Links Library open?
The Miller-Golf Links Library opened in March 1999 as part of the southeast municipal center funded with 1994 voter-approved bond funds. The library is part of the Golf Links Municipal Center, which houses the Tucson Police Department’s Rincon Substation as well.
In 2004, a 5,000 square foot expansion was completed, which included a new teen area, a larger children’s area, and more space for the library’s collection.
Who was/is Miller?
The library is named after Tucson’s 40th mayor, George Miller (1922-2014), who at the time of his retirement in 1999 was Tucson’s longest serving public official. He served 22 consecutive years in office: 14 years representing Ward 3 on the Tucson City Council, followed by eight years as mayor.
How many square feet is the Miller-Golf Links Library?
15,000 square feet
How much does it cost to visit the library?
Admission to libraries is always free.
What is the cost of a library card?
FREE! Library cards are available as a complimentary amenity for all Pima County residents.
Are bathrooms available?
KIDS & TEENS
Should I bring a stroller?
The library is small and walking will be minimal so a stroller is probably unnecessary.
Is there a designated area for nursing moms?
No. That said, there are comfortable chairs located throughout the library.
Are changing tables available?
Yes – in both the men’s and women’s restrooms.
What ages would be best suited for a library visit?
Is there a Children’s area?
Is there a Teen area?
Is there a snack bar and/or vending machines?
Is outside food allowed in the library?
The library asks “that you act responsibly when consuming food and drink in the Library. Please clean up after yourself and alert staff if you need assistance with a spill.”
- Food and drink are permitted throughout the library except while using special collections.
- Beverages need to be in covered containers.
- Delivery of food to the library is not permitted.
What restaurants are located NEAR Miller-Golf Links Library?
Our top picks within approximately 5 miles are:
- Cold Stone Creamery, 9565 E. 22nd Street (1.7 miles away) – ice cream, milkshakes
- Civano Coffee House, 5278 S. Civano Blvd (3.5 miles away) – coffee, espresso, pastries, sandwiches
- Saguaro Corners Restaurant & Bar, 3750 S. Old Spanish Trail (3.7 miles away) – live music, happy hour (daily 3-6pm), salad, soup, burgers, entrees, kid’s menu ($4.50 with side and drink)
- La Baguette Patissiere, (4.2 miles away) – scones, cinnamon rolls, bread, cake, cookies (try the shortbread!); no seating
- La Mesa Tortillas, 7823 E. Broadway (4.3 miles away) – burros, quesadillas, nachos, tamales, tortillas; open for lunch 11am-2pm
- In-N-Out Burger, 7111 E. Broadway (5.0 miles away) – burgers, fries, milkshakes
- Little Anthony’s Diner, 7010 E. Broadway (5.2 miles away) – fun 50’s diner; pizza, burgers, fries, milkshakes
STUDY ROOMS & MEETING SPACES
How many study rooms are available?
There are 2 study rooms that each hold six people.
How many meeting rooms are there?
There is 1 meeting room that holds 95 people and features a kitchen, a dry erase board, and a projection screen.
Also: Miller-Golf Links Library has 28 computers (22 standard, 2 children, 2 teens, 1 express, 1 Job Help).
Can I have my child’s birthday party, wedding reception, or corporate meeting at Miller-Golf Links Library?
See above. Feel free to inquire at the library directly with your request.
Does Miller-Golf Links Library have its own Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram accounts?
LAST, BUT NOT LEAST…
What makes the Miller-Golf Links Library special?
Mary McKinney, Miller-Golf Links Library Manager, says, “The question is best answered by the thousands of people with “library” on their to-do list each day. If you do ask, they will likely say that the library they go to is the closest one to home, they like the friendly staff, their kids love Storytime or Minecraft, there are usually computers available without a waiting list, the copies are inexpensive, or that their printer is out of ink. What sets libraries apart, not from each other but from other destinations, is that libraries are open seven days per week with inside temps hovering around 72 degrees and offer activity options to suit anyone’s interests…at no charge!“