Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 12, 2013.
There are a number of fancy and fun events happening around Tucson to help you celebrate and honor your mom.
- LOCATION: Tohono Chul Park, 7366 N. Paseo del Norte
- TIME: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- COST: Free Admission for all mothers and grandmothers
- DESCRIPTION: Award-winning Tohono Chul Park is where nature, art and culture connect. Named one of the World’s Great Botanical Gardens by Travel + Leisure and listed by National Geographic Traveler as one of the top 22 Secret Gardens in the U.S. and Canada, there is something for everyone.
- MAKE RESERVATIONS: If you choose to dine at Tohono Chul Garden Bistro, you can make reservations by calling 520-742-6455, ext. 501.
Mother’s Day Brunch at Maynard’s Kitchen
- LOCATION: Maynard’s Market & Kitchen, 400 N. Toole Ave.
- TIME: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- COST: $45/person
- DESCRIPTION: Menu includes apple and sage french toast, quiche, buttermilk blueberry muffins, chocolate croissants,pan-roasted salmon, house smoked prime rib, strawberry shortcake, + more. Served Family-Style.
- MAKE RESERVATIONS: Call 520-545-0577.
- LOCATION: Hacienda del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, 5501 N. Hacienda del Sol Rd.
- TIME: 9:30am – 2:30pm
- COST: Adults are $55. Children 14 and under are $25. Children 6 and under are free.
- DESCRIPTION: Items on the menu include eggs benedict, omelet and waffle bar, carving station, salad, seafood station, spinach & mushroom crepes, mini quiche, and 12 different desserts
- MAKE RESERVATIONS: Call 520-529-3500.
- LOCATION: Reid Park Zoo, 1030 S. Randolph Way
- TIME: 9:30am – 11:00am
- COST: $30 for non members. $25 for members. $12 for non-member children (ages 2-12). $10 for member children (ages 2-12). Children under 2 are free.
- DESCRIPTION: Treat your mom to a special day at the Reid Park Zoo! Start off the morning with a scrumptious brunch and a mimosa for mom on the Conservation Learning Center’s deck, overlooking the beautiful Mill Pond. Children can make mom a special commemorative gift. After brunch, take a stroll through the Zoo and participate in a variety of activities such as crafts, animal encounters, and presentations. Plus, watch the animal moms get special treats to celebrate the day!
- MAKE RESERVATIONS: Call 520-881-4753.
- LOCATION: Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, 3800 E. Sunrise Dr.
- TIME: Brunch seating times are 10:00am and 12:30pm.
- COST: Adults are $49. Children 5-12 years are $19. Children under 5 are free.
- DESCRIPTION: “A decadent brunch designed to help families celebrate Mom by surrounding her with loved ones and beautiful scenery while she enjoys a scrumptious, relaxing meal.” Highlights will be the Whimsical Waffle Station and the Ceviche Station. The waffle station will include tangerine, white chocolate, and buckwheat waffles with toppings like Bananas Foster, dark rum caramel sauce, berry sauce, dark chocolate shavings, and more. At the ceviche station, moms can order customized martinis with a number of add-ins. Other stations will feature leg of lamb, pan roasted salmon, artisan breads, and desserts.
- MAKE RESERVATIONS: Call 520-577-5868.
Mother’s Day Brunch at North Italian Farmhouse
- LOCATION: North Italian Farmhouse at La Encantada, 2995 E. Skyline Dr.
- TIME: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- COST: Special Menu. Entrees range from $5.50-$9.00/
- DESCRIPTION: North is a place where food is handcrafted and sold. It conjures up visions of a rustic farmhouse, offering locals hand-made offerings – anything from wine to olive oil – made with love on premise.
- MAKE RESERVATIONS: Call 520-299-1600.
Mother’s Day Brunch at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort
- LOCATION: Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort, 245 E. Ina Rd.
- TIME: 11:00am – 3:00pm
- COST: $59 for adults (12 and up), $25 for children 5-11, and free for children 4 and younger.
- DESCRIPTION: Served in the elegant Sonoran Ballroom and surrounded by stunning Santa Catalina Mountain views. Features a carving station to include peppercorn crusted prime rib of beef and roasted turkey dressed with dried fruit & apple cornbread stuffing. Other offerings include classic eggs Benedict, pan seared saki marinated Atlantic salmon and chili-sugar cured pork loin. Also: chilled seafood station, baked brie en croute and garden, pasta and crab & avocado salads, plus dessert station.
- MAKE RESERVATIONS: Call 1-800-722-2500.
“Million Dollar Quartet” at Tucson Music Hall
- LOCATION: Tucson Music Hall, 260 S. Church Ave.
- TIME: Two Sunday performances – 1:00pm and 6:30pm
- COST: $20-$80
- DESCRIPTION: MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET is the Tony Award winning Broadway musical, inspired by the electrifying true story of the famed recording session that brought together rock ‘n’ roll icons Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins for the first and only time.
- BUY TICKETS: Call TICKETMASTER at 1-800-745-3000.
- LOCATION: PCC Center for the Arts Proscenium Theatre, West Campus, 2202 West Anklam Rd.
- TIME: 3:00pm
- COST: $6
- DESCRIPTION: Pima Community College Music presents the PCC Orchestra in a Mother’s Day concert, under the direction of Dr. Alexander Tentser. The program features ballet music by Charles Gounod from the opera FAUST, and two pieces by Bedrich Smetana from the opera THE BARTERED BRIDE. Other program selections include Ludwig van Beethoven’s “Finale” from the Eroica Symphony, and “Concerto Grosso” for strings by Tomaso Giovanni Albinoni.
- BUY TICKETS: Call 520-206-6986.
- LOCATION: The Gaslight Theatre, 7010 E. Broadway Blvd.
- TIME: Two Sunday performances – 3:00pm and 6:00pm
- COST: Tickets are $18.50 for adults, $16.50 for seniors and the military, and $8.50 for children 12 and under.
- DESCRIPTION: Get tickets to this humorous and musical show, where you dine while enjoying an entertaining show.
- BUY TICKETS: Call 520-886-9428.