Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 10, 2015.
There are a number of fancy and fun events happening around Tucson to help you celebrate and honor your mom.
Here are our top ten picks for Mother’s Day events in Tucson in 2015.
Brunch Buffet at HACIENDA DEL SOL
- LOCATION: Hacienda del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, 5501 N. Hacienda del Sol Rd., Tucson
- TIME: 9:30am – 2:30pm
- COST: $38 + tax (6.1%) for adults; $19 for children (ages 7-14); free for children 6 and under
- DESCRIPTION: Items on the menu include salads, appetizers, entrees, omelette/waffle station, carving station, pastries, and complimentary champagne and mimosas (with flavors that change weekly).
- Make A Reservation by calling 520-529-3500.
Mother’s Day Brunch at AZUL
- LOCATION: Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, 3800 E. Sunrise Dr., Tucson
- TIME: 9:30am-12:30pm
- COST: $54.95 for adults; $19.95 for children 6-12; free for children 5 and under
- DESCRIPTION: “Spectacular Mother’s Day Brunch” includes full salad bar, cheese station, cold seafood station, darling station, entree station, and pastry section with 12 selections.
- Make A Reservation by calling 520-577-5868.
Brunch at AGUSTIN KITCHEN
- LOCATION: Agustin Kitchen, 100 South Avenida Del Convento, Tucson
- TIME: 10:00am-3:00pm
- COST: A la cart menu
- DESCRIPTION: Special is Slow Roasted Prime Rib Eye w/ Lemon Mashed Potatoes, Baby Carrots, Spinach, and Au Jus for $26. Regular brunch menu is also available.
- Make A Reservation by calling 520-398-5382.
Mothers’s Day Brunch at TOHONO CHUL PARK
- LOCATION: Tohono Chul Park, 7366 N. Paseo del Norte, Tucson
- TIME: 9:00am-2:30pm
- COST: $44/person; $17.50 for children 6-11; Children under 5 are complimentary
- DESCRIPTION: “Spring is the season of renewal and honoring the moms in our lives. What better way of celebrating Mother’s Day than a brunch at the Garden Bistro? Known for its made-to-order egg station featuring omelets and signature quiches, carved roasts and perfectly prepared seafood and sides, it’s the perfect place to honor your family’s traditions or start new ones. Oh, and don’t forget the out-of-this-world dessert buffets with freshly made scrumptious delights.”
- Make A Reservation online or call 520-333-9209.
Mother’s Day Grand Buffet at WESTWARD LOOK
- LOCATION: Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort, 245 E. Ina Rd., Tucson
- TIME: 11:00am-3:00pm
- COST: $59 for adults, $25 for children 5-11, free for children 4 and younger
- DESCRIPTION: “Served in the elegant Sonoran Ballroom and surrounded by stunning Santa Catalina Mountain views. Includes a seafood display with chilled gulf shrimp, smoked salmon and scallop ceviche and entrées including eggs benedict, roasted pork loin with garlic chipotle glaze, pan-seared red snapper, red wine braised duck legs with bacon brussels sprouts, scalloped potatoes and Chef’s garden spring vegetable medley.”
- Make A Reservation by calling 520-917-2970.
Mother’s Day Brunch at MAYNARDS KITCHEN
- LOCATION: Maynards Market & Kitchen, 400 N. Toole Ave., Tucson
- TIME: 9:00am – 3:00pm
- COST: $49/person
- DESCRIPTION: Menu includes eggs benedict, miniature quiche, pan roasted salmon, red wine roasted mushrooms, strawberry shortcake, + more. Served Family-Style.
- Make A Reservation online or call 520-545-0577.
Brunch Buffet at CAFE A LA C’ART
- LOCATION: Cafe a La C’Art at Tucson Museum of Art, 150 N. Main Ave., Tucson
- TIME: 9:00am-4:00pm
- COST: $24.95/person; $11.95 for children under 12; beverages not included
- DESCRIPTION: Menu includes omelets, scrambled eggs, croissant french toast, bagels with cream cheese, fruit salad, applewood smoked bacon, shrimp with cocktail sauce, assorted pastries, + more.
- Make A Reservation by calling 520-628-8533.
Mother’s Day 5K Fun Run in MARANA
- LOCATION: Gladden Farms Community Park, 12205 W. Tangerine Farms Rd., Marana
- TIME: Check-In/Registration at 7:30am; Race begins at 9:00am
- COST: $20 for ages 13 and up; $15 for children 12 and under
- DESCRIPTION: “Skip brunch, get active, & celebrate MOM! Join Marana Parks & Recreation in our 2nd annual Mom’s Day 5K family fun walk/run/Jog beginning at Gladden Farms Park. This event is Fun for the whole family. All moms will get a flower at the finish line. Snacks and refreshments provided. All participants will be entered to win great raffle prizes. NEW RACE ROUTE THIS YEAR.”
- Register online (or on the day of the race).
Seven Falls Hike at SABINO CANYON
- LOCATION: Visitor Center is at 5700 N. Sabino Canyon Rd., Tucson
- TIME: Anytime!
- DESCRIPTION: Seven Falls is a challenging and beautiful 7.8 mile out-and-back hike. The distance provides a great reward – breathtaking scenery and a waterfall at the end. There’s plenty of room to swim, slide, and explore. Bring a picnic lunch or snacks along with you to enjoy at the end. Allow a minimum of 3 hours for this hike and don’t forget to bring plenty of water! Hats, sunglasses, light clothing, sunscreen, and good walking shoes are recommended.
- COST: Parking fee is $5 per vehicle; tram fees are $8 for adults and $4 for children
- PHONE: Call 520-749-2861 for more info.
Music Under the Stars at REID PARK
- LOCATION: Reid Park, 900 S. Alvernon Way, Tucson
- TIME: 7:00pm
- COST: FREE
- DESCRIPTION: “There is a limited amount of seating at DeMeester which fills up quickly. Please bring folding chairs or a blanket. The Parks and Recreation Department runs shuttles from 5 PM to 10 PM from Randolph Golf Course Parking Lot located at 600 S. Alvernon Way.”
- See the musical line-up on the Tucson POPS Orchestra website.
— Take mom to a movie at Roadhouse Cinemas.
— Visit DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun (FREE).
— Eat Breakfast or Lunch at Dakota Cafe in Trail Dust Town (take photos at Barking Iron Old Time Photo Studio afterward!).
***All photographs (except Marana 5k) copyright of @TucsonTopia.