Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. will open its first store in Tucson, its fourth in Arizona, on Jan. 20. The store is located at 7220 E. Broadway Blvd (Broadway & Kolb).
Natural Grocers will provide the active Tucson community with USDA Certified Organic fresh produce and other healthy, affordable natural and organic groceries – a mix of national brands and locally-grown, -raised and -manufactured products from Arizona – in a small-store, friendly environment. Family-run Natural Grocers was built on the premise that “consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge, to help support their own health.”
“We are excited to become the newest ‘neighbor’ in a community such as Tucson, which is very food- and health-oriented,” said Kemper Isely, Co-President of Natural Grocers and a member of the founding family. “Natural Grocers brings its customers natural and organic meat, produce and dairy from the highest-quality producers. We also offer extensive complimentary, science-based nutrition education programs for making informed health and nutrition choices.”
Currently, Natural Grocers has 91 stores in 15 states, employing more than 2,000 people. As consumers increasingly seek out healthy, affordable shopping choices, Natural Grocers continues to expand its geographic footprint. The Tucson location is one of 18 Natural Grocers stores expected to open in fiscal year 2015.
Natural Grocers will be open 7 days a week. For more information, please visit the Tucson store website.
Other things you might want to know:
- Natural Grocers sells only USDA Certified Organic fresh produce. No more guessing whether the produce you are buying is possibly treated with pesticides and preservatives – or even if it has been mixed with something that has been treated. At Natural Grocers, all fresh produce is all organic – and they “work hard to make organic affordable.”
- The meats at Natural Grocers come from animals that were raised without the use of antibiotics, growth promoters, or feed containing animal by-products.
- Natural Grocers “recently unveiled some of the strictest dairy ingredient standards in the grocery industry.” Their goal is to help support family farms while keeping GMO feed, veterinary drug residues, and inhumane treatment out of the milk production system that provides dairy products for their customers.
- The Natural Grocers store in Tucson will have a credentialed Nutritional Health Coach (NHC) on the premises. This is a complimentary service, because “everyone should have access to advice and information that can help them live a healthier life.” Natural Grocers’ NHC will be able to answer questions on special diet needs, help you design a personalized supplement and eating program, or point you toward the products that support your health and fitness goals.
- The store doesn’t offer plastic or paper shopping bags at the registers. If you forget your reusable totes, they’ll pack your groceries in free boxes. If you have yet to begin using reusable bags, the store sells inexpensive ones AND each time you shop with your own reusable totes, a donation is made to the local food bank.
- You can LIKE Natural Grocers on Facebook and FOLLOW Natural Grocers on Twitter.