Do you have a child who loves to collect rocks, paint mountain scenes, hike up trails, and examine cocoons? Take a look through our light of nature and outdoor themed camps around Tucson.
Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona has an amazing, empowering, and energetic summer planned for girls. Camps are offered to all girls ages 5-18. You don’t have to be in a troop. Day camps, resident camps, and specialty camps. Something for every girl!
Dates vary, options begin May 26 and go through July 20.
Prices vary, scholarships available.
Tucson Botanical Gardens. Plants make life possible on earth and play a major role in our everyday lives. Join the Tucson Botanical Gardens for a week-long exploration of the developing relationship between humans and plants.
- Learn about the environmentally diverse region of the Sonoran Desert, including natural and cultural history, water conservation, and plant and insect biology.
- Conduct a number of various hands-on experiments to understand how plants survive and thrive in our desert.
- Practice caring for a garden and preparing healthy meals.
- Express their creativity with painting, journaling, and photography of the varied flora and fauna within the Gardens.
- Build social and recreational skills while interacting with fellow campers.
- Play games while developing an appreciation for nature.
Session 1 is June 1-5, grades 1-3. Session 2 is June 15-19, grades 4-6. 8:00am to 4:00pm each day. $150 for members/$175 for non-members. Online registration will be available soon. Camps are limited to 25 youth per session. Questions? Please email Ashley Pedersen at [email protected]
YMCA OF SOUTHERN ARIZONA
Find achievement, belonging, and friendship at the YMCA’s Summer to Success! Each week will be packed with themed activities, crafts and games, treasure hunts, water-fun, sports of all sorts, field trips, and so much more! Your child will make new friends, sing, play, explore, learn, and laugh, all under the watchful eyes of fully-trained staff. Sign up for summer day camp before May 15th and receive a drawstring backpack! Learn more at tucsonymca.org/summer.