If you’re looking for a truly unique and entertaining way to usher in the New Year, then consider the Dinner Theater Variety Show & Party hosted at the Westin La Paloma Resort.
A full night of non-stop interactive New Year’s Eve fun starts with a candle-lit, table-served 3-course dinner prepared by La Paloma’s Executive Chef, followed by a hilarious 3-Act murder mystery comedy stage show from the folks who’ve brought you the longest running mystery dinner theater shows in Arizona. The dinner and show will be followed by several short variety acts, including magic performed by the 2016-2017 Stage Magician of the Year. Ending the festivities will be a chance to dance in the new year to live music/DJ songs. Of course, there will also be the traditional countdown to the new year with an included champagne toast, balloon drop, party hats noisemakers, and all the festive accouterments. Best of all, the evening ends (begins?) with an overnight stay in a well-appointed room…all included in your $199 ticket price (plus taxes & fees)! Options without the hotel room are available.
Not surprisingly, the comedy murder-mystery whodunit, entitled “Murder at the Magic Show,” is set at an actual Magic Show in the grand ballroom of a luxury five-star resort and promises to be loads of fun for everyone. The show includes a comedy dance contest and Silver Sleuth award for the mystery-solving winner.
Filling in between acts is a Gypsy Fortune Teller offering readings for the guests (predicting their 2017 futures) and a 1930’s styled photographer and cigarette/cigar/candy coat check girl. There will be a legally designated outdoor smoking area.
* The Westin La Paloma also offers a separate Kids Club adult-supervised program. Check the kids in and they’re bound to have just as much fun as the grown-ups! The evening club activities will include games, movies, craft projects, and their very own countdown to the new year!
- Location: Westin La Paloma, 3800 E. Sunrise Dr., Tucson
- Time: 7:30pm on 12/31/16 to 1:00am on 1/1/17
- Cost: $199/person (includes overnight stay)
- Call: 800-266-4800 for Reservations and Information.