This way to the Land of Sweets!
If seeing THE NUTCRACKER is part of your family’s Christmas tradition, you have several different options in Tucson this year.
See below for dates, times, and tickets prices.
Performances are listed alphabetically by company name.
Ballet Rincon’s THE NUTCRACKER
Established in 2001 as Southeast Tucson’s Premier Classical Dance Academy, Ballet Rincon (BR) is committed to the highest standard in professional dance training.
Ballet Rincon presents its production of Tchaikovsky’s holiday classic ballet. A tradition for the whole family!
- LOCATION: Vail Theatre of the Arts, 10701 E. Mary Ann Cleveland Way, Tucson
- DATE(S): Friday, December 13 – Saturday, December 14
- TIME: 7:00pm on Friday; 2:00pm and 7:00pm on Saturday
- TICKETS: $10-$16 – buy tickets
Ballet Tucson’s THE NUTCRACKER
Ballet Tucson, Tucson’s resident professional ballet company, presents its beloved, traditional Victorian production of The Nutcracker at the Tucson Music Hall for 4 performances only on December 28-29, 2019.
Based on the famous E.T.A. Hoffman story and paired with the glorious Tchaikovsky score, Ballet Tucson’s professional dancers transport you to a wondrous realm with spectacular sets, colorful costumes, dazzling choreography, and exceptional dancing. A cast of 50 local children appear in supporting roles and will warm the hearts of all attending this most festive production.
- LOCATION: Tucson Music Hall, 260 S. Church Ave., Tucson
- DATE(S): Saturday, December 28 – Sunday, December 29
- TIME: 2:00pm and 7:30pm on Saturday; 1:00pm and 5:00pm on Sunday
- TICKETS: $26-$58 – buy tickets
Moscow Ballet’s GREAT RUSSIAN NUTCRACKER
This Christmas give your family the gift of Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker! Step into a simpler time filled with sweet dreams and Christmas magic. With world-class artists, over 200 dazzling costumes, stunning sets, towering puppets, and soaring birds, don’t miss your chance to ring in the holidays with this acclaimed Christmas extravaganza. The New York Times calls it a “Hot Ticket!” Celebrate this cherished holiday tradition and relive the dream with Tchaikovsky’s timeless score.
- LOCATION: UA Centennial Hall, 1020 E. University Blvd., Tucson
- DATE(S): Monday, December 16 – Tuesday, December 17
- TIME: 7:00pm on both nights
- TICKETS: $34-$142+ – buy tickets
Tucson Regional Ballet’s A SOUTHWEST NUTCRACKER
This original, full-length classical ballet translates the traditional Nutcracker to Tucson in the 1880s, complete with coyotes, cavalry, and rattlesnakes. The live orchestra, lovely costumes and beautiful, professionally designed sets – combined with the stunning dancing – all make for a holiday tradition that will be enjoyed by the entire family.
- LOCATION: Tucson Convention Center Music Hall, 260 S. Church Ave., Tucson
- DATE(S): Saturday, December 14 – Sunday, December 15
- TIME: 2:00pm and 7:30pm on Saturday; 2:00pm on Sunday
- TICKETS: $32-$38 – buy tickets
See below for a calendar listing of Nutcracker performances in Tucson, in order by date.
Upcoming Events › Nutcracker
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Nutcracker. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.