This way to the Land of Sweets!
If seeing THE NUTCRACKER is part of your family’s Christmas tradition, you have several different options in Tucson this year.
See below for dates, times, and tickets prices.
Performances are listed alphabetically by company name.
Ballet Rincon’s THE NUTCRACKER
Established in 2001 as Southeast Tucson’s Premier Classical Dance Academy, Ballet Rincon (BR) is committed to the highest standard in professional dance training.
Ballet Rincon presents its production of Tchaikovsky’s holiday classic ballet. A tradition for the whole family!
- LOCATION: Vail Theatre of the Arts, 10701 E. Mary Ann Cleveland Way, Tucson
- DATE(S): Friday, December 14 – Saturday, December 15
- TIME: 7:00pm on Friday; 2:00pm and 7:00pm on Saturday
- TICKETS: $10-$16 – buy tickets
Ballet Tucson’s THE NUTCRACKER
Ballet Tucson “is a professional company of versatile and beautifully trained artists. Over the years, many of its members have danced professionally with companies of national stature such as American Ballet Theatre, New York City Ballet, San Francisco Ballet, Ballet West, Alvin Ailey, Boston Ballet, and Dance Theatre of Harlem, to name just a few.”
Ballet Tucson’s award-winning, beloved production of “The Nutcracker” continues its tradition of filling audiences with the joy and wonder of the holiday season.
- LOCATION: Tucson Music Hall, 260 S. Church Ave., Tucson
- DATE(S): Friday, December 7 – Saturday, December 8 – Sunday, December 9
- TIME: 7:30pm on Friday; 2:00pm and 7:30pm on Saturday; 1:00pm on Sunday
- TICKETS: $30-$58 – buy tickets
Moscow Ballet’s GREAT RUSSIAN NUTCRACKER
All ages are invited to celebrate Christmas with the Moscow Ballet company of almost 40 ballerinas. Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker is known for its award-winning Principal Dancers, lavish costumes in the style of the Victorian era, many backdrops created by “La La Land’ Set Concept designer Carl Sprague, and its Russian focus including life-sized Matryoshka Dolls, Russian folk legends Ded Moroz (Father Christmas) and Snegurochka (Snow Maiden), and Troika Sleigh. Adults and children enjoy the special effects of the flapping winged owl on the Grandfather clock, the growing 50 ft tall Christmas Tree, the Dove of Peace with a 20ft wingspan, and of course, the leaps, spins, and extraordinary moves of the company all performed to Tchaikovsky’s complete and incomparable score.
- LOCATION: UA Centennial Hall, 1020 E. University Blvd., Tucson
- DATE(S): Friday, December 21
- TIME: 3:00pm and 7:30pm
- TICKETS: $33-$107 – buy tickets
Tucson Regional Ballet’s A SOUTHWEST NUTCRACKER
This original, full-length classical ballet translates the traditional Nutcracker to Tucson in the 1880s, complete with coyotes, cavalry, and rattlesnakes. The live orchestra, lovely costumes and beautiful, professionally designed sets – combined with the stunning dancing – all make for a holiday tradition that will be enjoyed by the entire family.
- LOCATION: Tucson Convention Center Music Hall, 260 S. Church Ave., Tucson
- DATE(S): Saturday, December 15 – Sunday, December 16
- TIME: 2:00pm and 7:00pm on Saturday; 2:00pm on Sunday
- TICKETS: $32-$38 – buy tickets
See below for a calendar listing of Nutcracker performances in Tucson, in order by date.
Upcoming Events › Nutcracker
Events Search and Views Navigation