Built in the early 1970’s, the Omni Tucson National Resort is a historic, iconic, and beautiful Tucson-area resort. The architecture is quaint and interesting, the rooms are spacious and classic, and the entire property is a lush & serene space. If you’re looking for a quiet getaway with swaying palm trees, bountiful sun rays, a golf paradise, and great dining, think: Omni Tucson.
Scroll through our comprehensive Resort Report for answers to frequently asked questions.
Choose from 128 elegant guest rooms – or opt to stay in a suite or oversized hacienda. The decor is simple and upscale with warm desert tones.
We recommend the 675-square-foot Premier Mountain Vista Rooms, which feature a King or Two queens plus a spacious sitting area, newly remodeled luxury bathrooms with sunken tubs, walk-in closets, and private patios.
In-room amenities include:
- Custom furnishings and artwork
- Balcony or patio (most rooms)
- Plush terry cloth robes
- Evening turndown service (upon request)
- Triple-sheeting on beds
- Walk-in closets and separate vanity area
- Hair dryer
- Makeup mirror
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- WiFi Internet service – complimentary for Select Guest® members
- Television with cable channels
- CD player or MP3-connecting clock radio
The most recent renovation ($30 million) was in 2009 and included a remodel of the Mountain Vista Guestrooms, Sweetwater Pool and Cabanas, Legends Bar & Grill, Bob’s Steak & Chop House, and Golf Club.
Golf is the obvious occupation at Tucson Omni National Resort. As current host course for the Tucson Conquistadores Classic and previous host of the PGA TOUR’s Chrysler Classic and Southern Arizona Open, the Omni Tucson National Golf Course offers two different courses – ideal for amateurs or professionals. Private golf instruction is also available.
Swimming is another pasttime that can be enjoyed almost all year long due to Tucson’s glorious sunny weather. Relax by one of two resort-style pools.
Tennis courts and a sand volleyball court are also on-property.
Be sure to talk with the concierge about booking other local activities – horseback riding, desert jeep rides, group cattle drives, hot air ballooning, shopping trips, more.
Omni Tucson National Resort doesn’t offer a ton for young children. No waterslides, splash pads, game rooms, or kids centers can be found.
That being said, the Omni Kids Crew does coo over the resort’s youngest guests. Upon check-in, kids receive a backpack filled with fun items designed specifically for them. Kids also receive milk and cookies delivered to their guest room on the first night.
Property restaurants offer the Omni Kids Crew menu – with crayons and an Omni Kids Crew cup.
- Activity book with stickers
- Small tabletop game
Omni Tucson National Resort ACTIVITIES
What fun things are there to do within 10 miles of the resort?
- Spend a morning or afternoon at Tohono Chul Park, a 49-acre oasis that is part garden, part desert trails, and part art exhibits. 4.6 miles away.
- Enjoy bird walks, hiking, and educational programs at Catalina State Park, which is 9 miles from the resort. Entrance fees are $3 per individual OR $7 per vehicle.
- Shop at La Encantada – an indoor/outdoor shopping center with Anthropologie, Ann Taylor, Apple Store, Crate & Barrel, Gymboree, J.Crew, etc. Also in the shopping center is Mildred & Dildred, a quaint children’s toy store that offers free storytimes for toddlers & preschoolers, every Tuesday at 10:30am and every Thursday at 3:30pm. 7.9 miles away.
- Hike Pima Canyon! A secluded nature experience with breathtaking views. Admission is free. 6 miles away.
Omni Tucson National Resort DINING
There are three on-site restaurants at Omni Tucson National Resort.
Fiesta Cafe & Patio is where you will head for breakfast. Open daily from 6:30am-11:00am, you can choose the art of breakfast buffet or a la carte menu items.
Legends Bar & Grill is open for lunch & dinner (10:30am-10:00pm daily) and is known for casual club fare and classic cocktails, plus a selection of cigars. Root for your favorite team on a flat screen television or play a game of shuffleboards or billiards.
Bob’s Steak & Chop House is a national chain that prides itself on the finest corn-fed, midwestern prime beef. For nearly 20 years, Bob’s Steak & Chop House has been synonymous in Texas with fine steaks. The Bob’s Steakhouse formula is simple: incredible meat, gigantic shrimp, fabulous salads, and decadent desserts. Open for dinner only, 5:00pm-9:00pm (T-TH) and 5:oopm-10:00pm (FRI & SAT). Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Happy Hour is 5:00pm-7:00pm, TUES-SAT.
Great restaurant options to consider off property include: Wildflower, Pappoules, and Tohono Chul Garden Bistro. All three are within five miles of the resort.
RATES & DEALS
What is the best month/season to visit?
Weather-wise, your best bet would be to enjoy the heavenly winter and spring months – November through mid-April. That said, you can enjoy better (hotter – ha!) rates in the warmer months.
What is “peak season” for the resort? How much do rooms run during the peak season?
Peak season is January to March. Room rates in this period range from $249-$299.
What is considered the “off-season”? How much do rooms run during the off-season?
Off season is June to September. Room rates in this period range from $89-$129.
Is there a Daily Resort Charge?
Yes – $20 per room per night + tax.
The resort service charge covers:
- Turn down service upon request
- Local and toll-free telephone calls
- Complimentary deluxe Internet service (3mb) in guest rooms and lobby
- 24-hour access to Fitness Center
- Jacuzzi & sauna access
- Complimentary use of tennis facility and equipment
- 24-hour valet parking
- Complimentary self-parking
- Golf bag storage
Omni Tucson National Resort EVENTS
Can I host an event or have my wedding at Omni Tucson National Resort?
Absolutely! Omni Tucson National Resort is well-suited for weddings with plentiful romantic photo spots and ceremony backdrops. Book your wedding and receive a complimentary one-night honeymoon stay.
- ADDRESS: 2727 W. Club Drive, Tucson
- PHONE: 520-297-2271
- PEAK SEASON: January through March
- OFF-SEASON: June through September
- PARKING: Complimentary self-parking; Complimentary valet-parking
- WIFI: Included in the resort service charge
- RESORT FEE: $20/night
- CHECK-IN: 3:00pm
- CHECK-OUT: 11:00am
- FACEBOOK: Omni Hotels on Facebook
- TWITTER: Omni Hotels on Twitter