Pima County Fair 2016 will run April 14-24 at the Pima County Fairgrounds in Southeast Tucson, 11300 S. Houghton Road.
Following you will find everything you need to know before you go – deals, discounts, and tips for extra fun!
- Pima County Fair opens at 1:00pm on weekdays (Monday-Friday) and 10:00am on weekends (Saturday & Sunday). Rides start at 3:00 pm on weekdays (Monday-Friday) and at 11:00 am on weekends (Saturday & Sunday).
- General Admission tickets are $8 for ages 11 and up and $4 for children 6-10. Children 5 and under are free.
- Parking is $5/vehicle.
- Every person needs a ticket (even babies). When you approach the ticket counter, be sure to tell the cashier about every member of your party. Children 5 and under are FREE, but still need a ticket in order to enter.
- Pima County Fair is mostly CASH ONLY. Ticket booths and the majority of food vendors do not take debit/credit cards.
DEALS & DISCOUNTS
If you want to head to the fair without breaking the bank, here are six things you need to know about deals and discounts for 2016.
1. Monday, April 18 is $2 admission and $2 parking. If your plans include watching free shows, seeing exhibits, poking around the animal stables, and people-watching, this is probably your best best for an inexpensive experience.
2. Tuesday, April 19 is $2 for rides and $2 for games. There will also be $2 menu items from select food vendors. If you go to the fair for thrill rides and food-on-a-stick, this date will probably give you the most bang for your buck.
3. Bring canned food on Sunday, April 17 or Sunday, April 24 BEFORE NOON to receive FREE Admission. This promotion is sponsored by the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona.
4. Kids who read three books and do three mini book reviews can get a coupon for a FREE carnival ride. One coupon per child. Offer good for children in kindergarten thru 8th grade. To receive your ride pass, bring the required form to Pima County Fair Guest Services.
5. Take note of senior and military discount days. Seniors (ages 55+) can ride carousel attractions for free on Monday, April 18. Military Appreciation Day is Friday, April 22 – $2 off admission with any military ID.
6. Pack a meal and/or snacks. Do note, however, that outside food is not permitted on the fairgrounds so you will have to return to your car to eat. Be sure to get a hand stamp on the way out so you can get back in when you are done!
OTHER TIPS FOR ADDED FUN
- Wear a hat and sunscreen for optimal comfort and to avoid burns. A light sweater or sweatshirt is also a good idea for evenings.
- If you have young children, enjoy some indoor fun at the Kiddie Kingdom in Pima Hall. Experience “fairies, dragons, and imagination stations.” Recommended for ages 8 and under.
- Visiting with a baby? Pima Hall also has a Mother’s Convenience Area, which includes comfortable furniture, a crawl and climb area, nap space, tables, baby wipes for changing, and a curtained section for mothers seeking privacy.
- Wondering if junior will be able to experience the Dizzy Dragon, Tilt-A-Whirl, or Grand Wheel? Height requirements for rides can be found here.
- There are lots of shows + concerts included with your admission – KLOVE’s Amazing World of Birds Show, Sea Lion Encounters, Egyptian Pharaohs, pig racing, a petting zoo, and more. See the full calendar to plan your day.
- LIKE Pima County Fair on Facebook and FOLLOW Pima County Fair on Twitter for the latest tips and announcements.