The Pima County Public Library (PCPL) annual summer reading program is underway! All kids, teens, and adults in Southern Arizona are invited to sign up for the free program.
The theme for this year’s program is: “Our State, Our Story: Celebrating 100 Years of Arizona.“
Here’s how you can participate:
- Visit any Pima County Public Library to sign up and receive your Summer Reading Passport, Arizona Adventure Pass, and summer events calendar newspaper.
- Decide what your personal reading goal will be and write it in your passport.
- Take a look at the list of 100 activities inside the summer events calendar.
- Choose any six activities from the list.
- Log the completed activities in your passport all summer long.
- When you’ve reached the reading goals that you’ve set for yourself and completed six of the activities found on the list of 100 activities, stop by any local library to get your passport stamped and pick up your prizes (see below).
- For Kids
- * For meeting your reading goal, you will receive a FREE book.
- * For finishing six activities, you’ll get a Zoo Pass.
- For Teens
- * For meeting your reading goal, you will receive a $10 Bookmans Coupon.
- * For finishing six activities, you’ll get a Concert Pre-Party Pass.
- For Adults
- * For meeting your reading goal and/or completing six activities, you’ll receive a FREE Book Bag.