Rancho Sahuarita is widely recognized as a family-friendly community. It is unique in Southern Arizona for offering the most highly amenitized lifestyle in the region. In the center of Rancho Sahuarita is a 15-acre lake park that is ideal for sailing, fishing, or enjoying a performance at the lake’s amphitheatre. There are 17 miles of paved trails that weave throughout the community that connect neighborhoods and schools. The numerous community parks offer a variety of features including a Safari Trail with life-sized bronze statues of African animals, Desert Interpretative and Butterfly Gardens, picnic tables, and ramadas that can be rented for birthday parties and other celebrations. At the centerpiece of the community is Club Rancho Sahuarita.
Distinctives of Rancho Sahuarita include:
- a 15-acre lake park
- 17 miles of paved walking trails
- neighborhood parks with shaded playgrounds and equipment
- water park with 25-meter recreational swimming pool and shaded tot pool
- two additional satellite neighborhood pools
- largest private splash park in Arizona (one of the 5 best splash pads in Tucson!)
- one of the 5 best water slides in Tucson
- 6,000 sqft fitness facility
- 30+ group fitness classes offered weekly
- 100+ special activities and events for residents annually
- tennis, basketball, and sand volleyball courts
- life size passenger train for kids
- miniature golf course
- kids club
- adult lounge with billiards and large screen TV
- event space for private resident functions
CLUB RANCHO SAHUARITA
Club Rancho Sahuarita is a recreation center with the largest private splash park in Southern Arizona, a 6,000 sq. ft. fitness facility, a Kids Club, and an Activities Lawn with a life size passenger train for weekend rides, a pedal car racetrack, a nine-hole miniature golf course, a shaded playground, and an event lawn for concerts and outdoor entertainment.
Club Rancho Sahuarita also is home to a one-of-a-kind culinary kitchen and flex space. Unique programs and events, like wine tastings, children’s baking classes, and social activities for adults, are offered in this space.
HOMES TO RENT OR BUY IN RANCHO SAHUARITA
Homes typically rent for between $1000 and $1500/month.
If you’re looking to buy in Rancho Sahuarita, you can expect to find homes with 2-6 bedrooms (most homes average 3 bedrooms) and expect to pay anywhere from the low $200s and up, depending on location and square feet of the home.
Homes in Rancho Sahuarita range from being built in 2001 to being brand new. The three community homebuilders are DR Horton, Maracay, and Richmond American Homes. Note that most of the lots aren’t expansive and 3-car garages are relatively hard to come by, but the community makes up for this lack in amazing public spaces.
COMMUNITY & FAMILY FUN IN RANCHO SAHUARITA
Everyone we’ve met who lives in Rancho Sahuarita gushes about the amenities…and the friendliness of the people who live there. It’s truly been “masterfully” designed to create a sense of community. The neighborhood even has its own website, Facebook page, and Twitter account – all of which are regularly maintained by staff members.
Rancho Sahuarita also puts on a variety of fun events throughout the year for their residents – including concerts, movies under the stars, a spring festival, holiday soirees, and more.
Jennifer had this to say about Rancho Sahuarita, “I love having the pool and park and open grassy areas all within walking distance. Even the big park and field where the kids play team sports is just a mile or so away. When the weather is nice, we walk to the games. We also have all our shopping needs close by. The frys out here has EVERYTHING down to sheets for beds and a huge toy department. Overall, I think this is a great place for families.”
You might like living in Rancho Sahuarita if you…
- have young children or pre-teens
- want to be able to walk to parks, pools, and fun playgrounds
- enjoy swimming, running, and biking
- want to have access to a free gym – 5 minutes from your house
- miss the “green grass” from your hometown
- appreciate art, laughter, and families
- actually want to get to know your neighbors
Note that there are also two delightful active adult neighborhoods for ages 55+. Amenities include a ballroom, library, fitness center, billiards, computer lab, arts and crafts room, heated pool and spa, tennis courts, and a fireside lounge.