Located on 850 acres at the base of the Tortolita Mountains, The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain offers a peaceful getaway in a secluded desert environment. Enjoy a championship golf course, three tennis courts, three pool areas, the longest resort water slide in Tucson, fine dining restaurants, and a fun “activity menu” for the whole family.
Scroll through our comprehensive Resort Report for answers to frequently asked questions.
Choose from 209 elegant guest rooms and 44 individual and casita suites. The decor is southwestern and upscale, with sandy tones against pure white bedding and backdrops.
In-room amenities include:
- Luxurious robes
- High-speed wireless internet
- 42″ LCD television
- Coffee and tea making center
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary overnight shoeshine
- Feather beds with down duvets
- 400-three-count linens
- 100% goose down pillows
- Spacious closets
- Separate shower and marble bathtub
If you enjoy tennis or golf, you’ll want to bring your clubs out to the Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course (host of the PGA every year since 2009!) or pick up a racquet at one of the four tennis courts with The Plexicushion System.
The resort also offers three swimming areas – the Turquesa Pool with Infinity entry, the Aventura Pool with splash pad and 235′ water slide (the longest one in Tucson!), and Spa Serenity Pool (an adults-only venue with a 10-foot tanning island).
Hiking and biking are obvious recreational choices since the Ritz sits at the base of the beautiful Tortolita Mountains. Essentially, you’re “in the middle of nowhere” so there are plenty of wide open spaces to explore and enjoy.
An on-site fitness center offers daily classes – including yoga, zumba, barre, pilates, and water aerobics.
Kids won’t feel left out with the signature “Ritz Kids” program. We love that the resort offers weekend activities tailored for families – Dive-In Movies, Stargazing, and Scorpion Hunts – not to mention the Ritz Kids Ranger Program.
The pool areas are among the best in the Tucson area for small children – featuring a simply designed splash pad and multiple “shallow zones” between 1 and 3-feet. Older kids will zip down the water slide with squeals of laughter.
When you check-in, kids have their own check-in area with a step stool and crayons. They even receive a scavenger hunt and photo walk map, which they can return to the concierge desk for special prizes!
For an additional $99 per night, you can opt for an in-room camping experience which includes tent set-up, a picture book about the southwestern desert, and a keepsake stuffed desert tortoise.
What fun things are there to do within 10 miles of the resort?
The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain is very secluded. If you want to visit some of the Tucson-area attractions, you’re looking at a 30-50 minute drive. Fortunately, there is plenty to do on-property.
If you do have the urge to see the sights, consider the following options.
- Shop at Tucson Premium Outlets – an upscale outlet mall in Marana. 16 minutes away.
- Splash at the FREE farm-themed Marana Splash Pad at Heritage River Park. 23 minutes away.
- Spend a morning or afternoon at Tohono Chul Park, a 49-acre oasis that is part garden, part desert trails, and part art exhibits. 32 minutes away.
- Head Downtown for fantastic food and a fun cultural experience! Ride the Tucson Streetcar. Eat at Agustin Kitchen, 5 Points Market, Pizzeria Bianco, or Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails. Roam inside the Tucson Museum of Art. See a show at Fox Tucson Theatre or Centennial Hall. 36 minutes away.
- See desert wildlife and plant life in all its regal beauty at the acclaimed Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. 47 minutes away.
There are six different dining options on-property at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain.
CORE Kitchen & Wine Bar features “true American cuisine that is approachable, innovative, and inspired by Sonoran and regional influences.”
Ignite beckons you with “fiery, smoky and peppery gastro-pub fare, hand-crafted signature cocktails and a collection of 120 scotches and whiskeys from around the world.”
Sushi Bar & Sake offers “made-to-order traditional Maki rolls and sashimi.”
Cayton’s Burger Bistro serves gourmet burgers, shakes, and regional craft beers.
The Ritz also has a poolside grill and a coffeeshop with freshly baked goods.
All of the on-property restaurants have the same children’s menu. Breakfast is $12 and dinner is $14. The meal includes a light snack, entrée, and kids’ beverage.
Great restaurant options to consider off property include: Vero Amore (3.6 miles away), Harvest Restaurant (7.9 miles away), and Nana’s Kitchen (8.5 miles away). Again, the Ritz is in a very private location. Expect to drive 30-50 minutes to most area attractions and restaurants.
RATES & DEALS
What is the best month/season to visit?
Weather-wise, your best bet would be to enjoy the heavenly winter and spring months – November through mid-April.
That said, you can enjoy better rates in the warmer months.
What is “peak season” for the resort? How much do rooms run during the peak season?
Peak season includes portions of the fall and winter/spring, with March being the busiest month. Rooms run between $299 and $479 per night.
What is considered the “off-season”? How much do rooms run during the off-season?
Off season is primarily summer – July and August in particular. Room rates vary, but begin at $199.
Is there a Daily Resort Charge?
The daily Resort Activity Package is $35, with valet parking à la carte. The $35 fee includes daily fitness classes, morning hike, bike rentals, use of the driving range and putting green, meet-our-desert-friends daily animal encounter, and in-room Internet.
Can I host an event or have my wedding at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain?
Yes! The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain has over 40 different possible ballroom, meeting room, and outdoor space combinations available.
- ADDRESS: 15000 N. Secret Springs Drive, Marana
- PHONE: 520-572-3000
- PEAK SEASON: spring and winter (especially March)
- OFF-SEASON: July and August
- PARKING: Complimentary self-parking; Valet Parking is also available at an additional cost. For local residents coming to dine, parking is provided at no charge.
- WIFI: Complimentary
- RESORT FEE: Yes – $35 Resort Activity Package
- FACEBOOK: The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain on Facebook
- TWITTER: The Ritz-Carlton on Twitter