Sabino Canyon, located in the Coronado National Forest, is one of the most beautiful desert canyons in the American southwest and a true jewel of the Tucson community. SAR’s Sabino Canyon Sunset Run has one goal: to create a race worthy of the Canyon. This unique 7.4 mile race is designed to capitalize on the majestic nature of Sabino Canyon and to provide a unique opportunity to experience the challenges of a great race in a truly magnificent setting.
* Note that capacity is limited and the race fills quickly! This race has reached capacity each of the last four years.
- LOCATION: Sabino Canyon, 5900 North Sabino Canyon Rd., Tucson
- DATE: Saturday, April 13, 2013
- TIME: Main race 7.4 miles (5:45PM); 1.5 mile fun run/walk (5:50PM)
- COST: $17-$27, depending on SAR membership and date of registration
- NOTES: A portion of the proceeds from this race will be donated to the Friends of Sabino Canyon’s ‘Save Our Sabino’ campaign to help preserve and restore Sabino Canyon.