Volunteer Southern Arizona’s Youth Volunteer Corps invites teens (ages 11 to 18) to participate in a meaningful service-learning project called ‘Safety First’ (in partnership with the Tucson Police Department, Rural/Metro Fire, and the Red Cross).
During this service project, youth volunteers will spend some time touring a fire truck and ambulance, getting a first-hand look at how the Red Cross prepares for an emergency, and teaching kids at Child and Family Services, Inc. about disaster preparedness.
Youth can sign-up online or by calling 520-881-3300. There are 20 spots available.
- LOCATION: West Center Police Department at 101 W. Miracle Mile, Santa Rose Learning Library at 1075 South 10th Avenue, Red Cross on Broadway, and Child and Family Services, Inc.
- DATE: Monday, July 16, 2012 – Thursday, July 19, 2012
- TIME: 9:00am – 3:00pm, all four days
- COST: $100 registration fee (full + partial scholarships are available)
- NOTES: Please bring lunch and a water bottle daily and wear clothes that can get wet on Thursday.