Disney Parks recently announced that it will open Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge ahead of schedule at Disneyland on May 31!
STAR WARS LAND WILL OPEN IN TWO PHASES
In phase one (opening May 31), guests will be transported to the remote planet of Batuu, full of unique sights, sounds, smells, and tastes. Guests can become part of the story as they sample galactic food and beverages, explore an intriguing collection of merchant shops, and take the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
Phase two, opening later this year, will be Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, the most ambitious, immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined. Guests will find themselves in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.
Disney made the decision to open the land in phases to allow guests to get sneak peeks at the spectacular Star Wars land.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT STAR WARS LAND
- FOURTEEN ACRES of Star Wars themed fun. This is the largest single-themed land ever created in a Disney park, pushing the boundaries of innovation.
- TWO attractions: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (opening May 31) and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (opening later this year).
- Oga’s Cantina: enjoy exotic beverages served in unique vessels and listen to spirited musical entertainment provided by DJ R-3X.
- Snacks like Kat Saka’s Kettle, a unique popcorn snack with a combination of sweet, savory, and spicy flavors.
- Droid Depot: construct your own astromech droids. These droids will be capable of interacting with elements in the land.
- Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers: customize and craft your own lightsaber.
- Much more!
Q&A ABOUT STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE
Are either of the rides roller coasters?
At Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, guests will climb into the cockpit of “the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy” for their own Star Wars adventures. The second attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, is one of the most advanced and immersive experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering, where guests can join a climactic battle against the First Order.
What will happen to Star Tours in Tomorrowland?
Star Tours will stay in Tomorrowland.
Will there be a new Baby Care Center in Star Wars Land (or elsewhere at Disneyland Park)?
No. The only Baby Care Center at Disneyland Park is at the end of Main Street USA, near First Aid.
When will Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge open at Disney WORLD?
East coast residents will need to wait just a little bit longer! Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida on Aug. 29.
HOW TO VISIT STAR WARS LAND AT DISNEYLAND
Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park between May 31 and June 23, 2019 will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land.
Capacity is limited. Admission to Disneyland Park—including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences— may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors.
MAKE A RESERVATION FOR STAR WARS LAND
Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com and the Disney Parks Blog. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required.