Barbecue fanatics will enjoy tender and slow-smoked ribs as well as have an opportunity to win a catered event on Saturday, June 23, 2012 at Shane’s Rib Shack first-ever summer BBQfest.
With mouth watering BBQ, live country western music, free dessert and a giveaway for the kids, Shane’s BBQfest will be the place to be for the whole family.
Live country western music will be provided by the Southern Arizona Arts and Culture Alliance (SAACA) all day, so make sure to bring your dancing shoes. A lemonade stand will be have free lemonade to help stay cool and refreshed in between songs and also samples of Shane’s various menu items will be available to help tantalize your taste buds. Your choice of a free dessert with a purchase of a combo plate will make sure that the whole family does not go hungry.
Those family members who think samples, lemonade and dessert won’t cut it can enjoy a good competition and enter in one of three different eating contests:
- The first event will feature competitors racing against one another to see who can demolish a whole rack of ribs the fastest.
- The second race will be for those who have a sweet tooth and can devour five cobblers in the fastest time.
- The third rivalry will be an all out brawl between firefighters and police officers to see who can eat the most ribs in three minutes.
The winner of each competition will receive a 4th of July party catered by Shane’s Rib Shack. There is a limit on participants so sign up today! To get in on the action, “Like” Shane’s Rib Shack on Facebook and send an e-mail to [email protected] explaining why you are the next eating champion.
- LOCATION: Shane’s Rib Shack (south side of Tucson Mall), 4500 N. Oracle Rd., Tucson
- DATE: Saturday, June 23, 2012
- TIME: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- COST: Entrees range in price from $8-$15.