Pima Community College Theatre Arts launches its 2016-2017 season with the wonderfully wonky family favorite – CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY.
Based on the book by Roald Dahl and dramatized by Richard R. George, the play is directed by Mickey Nugent with a cast of talented Pima students. A magical wonka-rific set draws the audience in with oversized fantastical moving contraptions inspired by Rube Goldberg.
Follow along as Charlie Bucket and the rest of the golden ticket holders go on an adventurous tour of Wonka’s amazing world-famous chocolate factory. In this candy-coated fantasy world, Charlie, Augustus Gloop, Violet Beauregarde, and Veruca Salt discover the true meaning of teamwork, self-confidence, and self-esteem under the eccentric guidance of Willy Wonka.
Director Nugent remarks, “Let’s all do the right thing – just as Charlie Bucket does! He makes smart choices and good decisions with kindness and affection before and during his chocolate factory visit!”
- LOCATION: PCC Center for the Arts Proscenium Theatre, West Campus, 2202 West Anklam Road, Tucson, AZ 85709
- DATE(S): September 21-October 2, 2016
- TIME: Public performances are Friday-Saturday at 7 pm and Saturday-Sunday at 2 pm. School matinee performances are Wednesday-Friday at 10am. Pre-registration by phone is required for school performances, 520-206-6986. ASL interpreters available on Sept.30.
- COST: Tickets are $8, with discounts for groups of 10 or more.
- BUY TICKETS: For ticket information, contact the box office at 520-206-6986 or email [email protected].
- SOCIAL MEDIA: LIKE Pima Community College Center for the Arts on Facebook.
One lucky TucsonTopian (that’s you!) will receive four tickets to the September 24 performance of “Charlie and The Chocolate Factory” at 7:00pm.
Enter your e-mail below for a chance to win. The deadline is Tuesday, September 20, at 11:59pm.
* The winner is Kay P. Congratulations!