Looking for a fun and relaxing spot for a girls’ getaway in Tucson?
JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa is a super pick for a mother/daughter weekend, sister soiree, or “friendcation.”
Boasting a breathtaking mountain location, sparkling sunshine, and all of the amenities you would expect from a four-diamond resort, Starr Pass is a secluded paradise in the desert.
One of the best elements is the Starr Canyon Lazy River – where you can float along on tubes – with a drink of your choice in hand! You can also glide down the 175-foot Monsoon Falls Waterslide, breaststroke your way across the outdoor multilevel pool (so refreshing!), and/or swim laps at the spa (for an additional fee).
Fitness classes are offered on most days and are complimentary for guests who opt in to the resort fee.
Starr Pass also has plentiful outdoor seating options – where you can kick up your heels to read, chat, order appetizers, or soak up the sun.
Step into Hashani Spa for a variety of treatments – including manicures ($55+), pedicures ($75+), and massages ($140+) in a luxurious environment.
Signature Grill has recently been renovated and is a modern and inviting space for enjoying breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You’ll love the warm wood floors, elegant lighting, and chalkboard menus. Don’t miss the full breakfast buffet ($24/adults; $10/kids). Signature Grill is open daily for Breakfast (6:30am-11am), Lunch (11am-3pm), Dinner (5pm-10pm), and Happy Hour (5-7 PM Sunday–Thursday).
JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort is tucked away from the city center. If you want to visit some of the Tucson-area attractions, you’re looking at a 20-40 minute drive.
If you do have the urge to see the sights, consider the following options.
- Head Downtown for fantastic food and a fun cultural experience! Ride the Tucson Streetcar. Eat at Agustin Kitchen, 5 Points Market, Pizzeria Bianco, or Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails. Roam inside the Tucson Museum of Art. See a show at Fox Tucson Theatre or Centennial Hall. 15 minutes away.
- See desert wildlife and plant life in all its regal beauty at the acclaimed Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. 22 minutes away.
- Peruse the shops at La Encantada – an indoor/outdoor shopping center with Anthropologie, Ann Taylor, Apple Store, Crate & Barrel, Gymboree, J.Crew, Mildred & Dildred, etc. 33 minutes away.
- Enjoy free admission to DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun, a 10-acre art gallery featuring the work and life of Ted DeGrazia. 35 minutes away.
- Shop at the Tucson Premium Outlets – 90+ retailers located on 170 acres. 25 minutes away.
- Don’t forget – sandals, swimsuit, cover-up, sunscreen, sunglasses, cash for tipping, and your camera!
- You can definitely do four women to a room if friends don’t mind sharing beds.
- Consider taking a Wine Class during your stay. “Taste some of the best wines from around the world with the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa Sommeliers at a Wine Class, held the first and third Saturday of the month from 2:00pm to 3:30pm. The class features 5 wine samplings, bite-sized appetizers paired with the wines, and wine education. Topics for the class vary.”
- Wake up early to enjoy the pools without crowds.
- Feel free to bring snacks for your room, but keep in mind that the guest rooms do not have refrigerators so you will want to choose non-perishable treats or pack cold items tightly in a small cooler.
- Choose a summer getaway (May-September) for optimal savings.
- ADDRESS: 3800 W. Starr Pass Boulevard, Tucson
- PHONE: 520-792-3500
- CHECK-IN TIME: 4:00pm
- CHECK-OUT TIME: 11:00am
- PEAK SEASON: winter
- OFF-SEASON: summer
- AVERAGE RATES FOR THIS FALL: Sep avg rate: $219; Oct avg rate: $259; Nov avg rate: $249
- PARKING: Self-parking is $10/day; Valet Parking is $20/day. For local residents coming to dine, parking is provided at no charge.
- WIFI: Complimentary with Daily Resort Fee
- RESORT FEE: Yes – $29+ tax includes self-parking, in-room internet, Spa Access, and fitness classes
- FACEBOOK: JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa on Facebook
- TWITTER: JW Marriott on Twitter