Tucson Parks and Recreation’s Activity Guide for summer 2018 has arrived.
Here’s how to get a copy:
- Pick up at any Parks and Recreation center.
- Pick up at any city pool.
- Pick up at the Tucson Parks & Rec administration office, 900 S. Randolph Way.
- Pick up at your local library.
- View the complete activity guide online at tucsonaz.gov/parks.
The Activity Guide contains complete information on leisure classes, swim lessons, summer KIDCO, aquatics, track and field events, and sports camps.
Programs of Note for Summer 2018
- FREE Summer Swim at 18 City of Tucson pools for ages 17 and under.
- FREE access to 10 City of Tucson Parks & Recreation centers for ages 17 and under.
- SummerGO Youth Pass. Unlimited rides on Sun Tran, the Sun Link streetcar, and select Sun Shuttle routes for kids 6-18 years of age. Valid May 25 to Aug. 2. Pass cost: $45.
- Swim Lessons for $2 for TWO-WEEKS for ages 6 months through 17. Lessons are offered in four two- week sessions, with eight lessons per session during June and July. Participants must be among the first 1,400 registered who qualify for the Discount Program. For those who do not qualify for the Discount Program, swim lessons will be $15/session. Swim lesson times and days vary by pool; check schedule at the pool of your choice. Register at your pool of choice between 3-6pm on May 25, 26, 27, or 29. There is a $15 non-refundable registration fee per child/per session.
- Competitive Swim League for ages 17 and younger. Participants must be able to swim a recognizable competitive stroke one length of the pool without stopping. Cost for the whole summer: $30/city resident, $38/non-city resident. Register during pool hours, June 1-10.
- Synchronized Swim League. Beginner through intermediate levels for ages 6-17. Cost for the whole summer: $41/city resident, $51/non-city resident. Pools offering synchronized swim teams are: Amphi, Archer, Clements, El Pueblo, Ft. Lowell, Purple Heart, Quincie Douglas, and Udall. Season begins June 4. Register during pools hours, June 1-10.
- Track & Field & Road Races in June and July at Freedom Park, Lakeside Park, and Reid Park. Select Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00pm. $4 for adults, $3 for youth.
- LOTS of fun classes. Some that popped out at us: Alphabet Soup (for ages 2-5), Yummy for the Tummy (ages 3-5), Watercolor for Kids (ages 7-12), Gym Camp Level I (ages 6-12), Beginning Metalsmithing (ages 15+), Beginning Piano (ages 4-6), Kids Broadway Musical (ages 10-15), Children’s Pottery (ages 6-12), Karate, Tennis Lessons, and soooo much more!
To register for classes that interest you, visit www.ezeereg.com. Registration begins on April 28.
*Timely registration is recommended, since summer offerings fill up quickly.
For EVEN MORE Summer Fun, check out TucsonTopia’s Ultimate Summer Fun Guide!