Are you dreaming of laying out at the pool with a good book in hand? Feeling the warmth of the sun on your shoulders while ordering menu items at a swim-up cantina? Cooling off with a margarita or specialty cocktail? Zipping down a waterslide or gliding around a lazy river?
Many people have asked us if any of the Tucson resorts or hotels offer day passes or summer use passes for locals.
We investigated and found that almost all Tucson resorts reserve their pools for overnight guests.
Arizona Inn, JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, Loews Ventana Canyon, The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain, and Westin La Paloma all confirmed that they DO NOT offer day passes for pool use in order to provide the best experience for their guests.
BUT DON’T GIVE UP ON YOUR POOL DREAMS YET! The good news is that Tucson hotel/resort rates are at their lowest in the summer! Consider booking an overnight room with your spouse, your kids, or a group of friends before Labor Day.
Here is a brief overview of summer rates, specials, offers, and packages at Tucson resorts + hotels for the summer of 2018.
- Arizona Inn – Rates begin at $149.00 for a double king.
- El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort – Summer rates start from $112/night.
- Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort – Book a 3-night stay, receive a complimentary 4th night.
- JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa – Margarita Package with rates from $169 (includes 2 margaritas).
- Omni Tucson National Resort – 10% off one night, 15% off two nights, 20% off three nights.
- Tanque Verde Ranch – 150th Year of Celebration Package, $150/night (includes breakfast).
- Westin La Paloma – Room rates starts at $79 + resort service charge + tax (includes $25 daily resort credit).
- White Stallion Ranch – Summer Bonanza, all-inclusive packages for four nights or seven nights.
- Wyndham Westward Look Resort – 15% off three nights or more + $50 resort credit.
***The only resorts that offer something in the “day/summer pass” category are El Conquistador Tucson, Hacienda Del Sol, Omni Tucson National Resort, and the La Paloma Country Club (which gives you access to the pools at Westin La Paloma). See below for details about each.
ELEMENTS WELLNESS MEMBERSHIP AT EL CONQUISTADOR TUCSON
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort does not technically have a day pass that offers access to the resort pools. However, locals can purchase an Elements Wellness Membership through the resort to get access.
The Elements Wellness Memberships at El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort start from $150 per month for an annual family membership. Memberships include access to El Con Kids Club at discounted rates, use of resort pools Sunday through Thursday, use of the fitness center during regular operating hours, access to all fitness classes held at the resort, discounted resort room rates, 15 percent discount on spa services, 10 percent discount on food & non-alcoholic beverages in resort outlets, and 10 percent discount on trail rides through El Conquistador Western Adventures.
Locals have the option to purchase individual and family memberships that are available in monthly, three month, or annual packages. To purchase an Elements Wellness Membership, call 520-544-1260.
FUN IN THE SUN PACKAGE AT HACIENDA DEL SOL
Enjoy access to a historic guestroom during the day (limit four people per guestroom), lunch for two on the Terraza with two glasses of wine, a $20 spa experience credit, and the use of both sparkling pools. Check in at 9AM, enjoy the grounds, have some fun in the sun, and check out at 3PM. The FUN IN THE SUN PACKAGE is $149. Call 520-299-1501 to book the package.
SUMMER PASSPORT PROGRAM AT LA PALOMA COUNTRY CLUB
The La Paloma Country Club Summer Passport gives locals the opportunity to use all resort swimming pools, including the lap pool. Members also save 15% at all resort dining locations and 20% at the Red Door Salon and Spa. The cost is $1500 and is effective immediately through September 9, 2018. Membership carries family privileges for kids up to age 23. Contact 520-618-4000 for questions or to sign up.
SUMMER ACCESS PASS AT OMNI TUCSON NATIONAL RESORT
Your Summer Access Pass at Omni Tucson National Resort includes:
- Access to the Sweetwater and Catalina Village pool areas
- Two daily passes for the spa/fitness area
- Two rounds of golf at the member guest rate – $45.00 + tax/person
- 15% discount on food and beverages at Legends Bar & Grill, Fiesta Cafe & Patio, or Sweetwater Cabana Bar
- 10% discount on retail items in the Golf Shop and The Spa
Buy your pass for access from July 1 to September 30 for a one-time fee of $375. Call 520-297-2271 and ask about the prorated Summer Access Pass.
Wherever you swim this summer, we hope you have a safe, restful, and fun-filled summer!