University High School AT A GLANCE
Type of School: public [part of the Tucson Unified School District], Grades 9-12
Accreditation: Advanced Accreditation Commission by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation
Location: 421 N. Arcadia Avenue, Tucson
Number of students: 989
Student/Teacher ratio: 28:1
Graduation Rate: 100%
% of Students who attend college: The percentage of UHS students directly matriculating into four-year institutions has remained at 99% for over 20 years.
- RIGOROUS, COLLEGE-PREP CURRICULUM
- HIGH % OF FACULTY WITH ADVANCED DEGREES
- ALL COURSES ARE HONORS OR AP
- 99% OF STUDENTS MATRICULATE TO 4-YEAR INSTITUTIONS
- SENIOR YEAR "DEBATE" AND INAUGURAL BALL
- DIVERSE STUDENT BODY – Over 49% of students are from Africa-American, Hispanic, Native American, and Asian backgrounds.
Bus service: Transportation is provided for TUSD students and city bus passes for many outside the district. A carpool plan is also in place.
Cafeteria: Students bring their own lunch or can purchase a hot lunch.
Foreign language: Two year requirement. Students choose between Spanish, French, Chinese, or German. AP Spanish is also offered.
Sports: Cheer, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Swimming/Diving, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Track & Field
Teachers: All 39 teachers are certified by the State of Arizona. 5 have Doctorates. 1 has a Doctor of Medicine (MD). 26 hold master's degrees.
School Hours: 9:05am-3:10 on M/T; 8:00am-3:10pm on W, TH, and F