This post is sponsored by Walmart Online Grocery.
How would you like it if you could order groceries on your phone and then pick them up curbside at a nearby grocery store? Now, you can!
Walmart Online Grocery is currently available at 3 Tucson locations.
Here’s how it works.
1. Download the Walmart Online Grocery app or create an account on your desktop computer.
2. Next, search for and add your groceries. The selection is pretty robust and seems to match up well with what is available in-store. You’ll find lots of brand name products at lower prices than competing grocery stores and big box shops. Some of our favorite products to stock up at Walmart include: Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips, Late July organic tortilla chips, Quaker oatmeal, and Pepperidge Farm cookies. Not to mention all of the toiletry products you can get – Bounty napkins, Viva paper towels, Ziploc bags, etc.
3. Book your time slot and check-out. You will choose a one hour time slot (ex 10:00-11:00am), select your preferred location, and then check-out online with your preferred payment method. An email confirmation will arrive shortly thereafter. Note that same-day order times are sometimes limited. If you want to schedule a pick-up for morning or early afternoon, be sure to book your slot the night before.
4. On the day of your pick-up, a Walmart associate will call approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of your time slot to go over your order with you.
5. When you arrive, head to the designated area and call in to let the associate know of your arrival. An associate will come out, load your groceries in the car, and answer any questions you may have. You can also inspect any produce you may have ordered and reject it if the quality is not up to par. (For the record, we ordered a bag of granny smith apples that were shiny + bruise-free). Easy peasy!
Best of all, Walmart Online Grocery is FREE. No service fees. No tipping. There is a $30 minimum order amount.
This is a terrific service for anyone who wants to save time (time is money). It’s especially helpful for parents with young children because you can avoid public restrooms and toddler meltdowns. Also – no need to wake your sleeping baby! You don’t even have to get out of the car.
The three Walmart stores in Tucson that currently offer the Online Grocery service are:
- Walmart Neighborhood Market, 2565 E. Commerce Center Pl., Tucson
- Walmart Supercenter, 7635 N. LaCholla Blvd., Tucson
- Walmart Supercenter, 8280 N Cortaro Rd., Marana
Try it for yourself! Use code REALEASY to receive $10 off your $50 0rder. Expires 11/1/2016.
Would you use an online grocery pick-up service? Which Tucson Walmart do you wish offered this service?