Nestled among 250 acres at the base of the Santa Catalina Mountains, Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa boasts stunning desert views and fun for the whole family.
Westin La Paloma Resort has 487 guest rooms. Rooms are 475 square feet and have private outdoor balconies.
In-room amenities include:
- One king bed or two double beds
- Radio Frequency ID (RFID) key card lock system
- Headboard incorporated with LED technology, adjustable reading lights
- Executive desk with power outlets and strong Wi-Fi signal
- 42” HD-TV
- Smart® mini-refrigerator
- Walk-in shower with Westin Heavenly Rain Forest Showerhead
- Full length mirror
- Deep soaking bathtub with tiled surface
- Lighted makeup mirror
Twenty-five suites are also available for those who desire more space.
For those who want to stay fit during their stay, plan to visit the WestinWORKOUT fitness studio – which offers group classes, weight machines, spin cycles, and steam rooms.
If you enjoy golf, you’ll want to bring your clubs out to the 27-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course. Guests with an interest in tennis can pick up a racquet to use at one of the 10 on-site tennis courts (eight of which are lighted for night play). Hotel guests may rent a tennis court for $25/hour or $15 for half hour. Racquets may be rented for $8 a racquet, which includes a can of balls.
Westin La Paloma Resort has 5 swimming pools – including one with a waterslide! At 177 feet, it’s always a hit – especially for kids ages 6 and up. Kids must be 42″ tall to ride.
Westin Kids Club is is a drop-off program for children, ages 6 months through 12 years old.
As for dining, the breakfast menu at AZuL is surprisingly affordable – $1.95-$3.95 for entrees (includes a drink) or $6.95 for the buffet.
What fun things are there to do within 10 miles of the resort?
- Head to Brandi Fenton Memorial Park to get wet at the free splash pad. Open April 20-October 31. A shaded playground and picnic tables are also available. 2.9 miles away.
- Shop at La Encantada – an indoor/outdoor shopping center with Anthropologie, Ann Taylor, Apple Store, Crate & Barrel, etc. Mildred & Dildred, a quaint children’s toy store at the shopping center, holds free storytimes every Tuesday at 10:30am. 1 mile away.
- Sabino Canyon is 5.6 miles away and is a popular spot for running, hiking, and biking. Cost to enter is $5 per vehicle per day or $20 per vehicle per year.
- Tucson Botanical Gardens is 4.6 miles away. This mini oasis in central Tucson is a nice spot for kids to run free or for adults to meander with a camera in-hand. $8 for kids and $15 for adults, depending on the season. Children 3 and under are always free.
There are six on-site dining options at Westin La Paloma Resort.
AZuL Restaurant, open daily for dinner, is an upscale dining venue featuring farm-to-table Southwestern cuisine.
Sabino’s Pool Bar & Grill (open for lunch & dinner) serves burgers, sandwiches, salads, and cocktails.
Montecito Patio offers Southwestern fare with outdoor seating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Contigo Latin Kitchen has entrees inspired by Cuba, Spain, and Mexico as well as an extensive wine list.
Espresso Sunrise is a coffeehouse where you can order your favorite Starbucks beverages and Tazo teas.
Fresh is a casual breakfast and lunch spot with nutritious menu items.
Great restaurant options to consider off property include: Blanco Tacos & Tequila, NoRTH Italia, and The Grill at Hacienda del Sol. All three are within one mile of the resort.
If you prefer to pick up your own snack and meal items, AJ’s Fine Foods and Safeway are just 1.5 miles away. Trader Joe’s is 3.8 miles.
RATES & DEALS
What is the best month/season to visit?
Weather-wise, your best bet would be to enjoy the heavenly winter and spring months – January through early May. That said, you can enjoy smokin’ rates in the warmer months (May through September).
Can I host an event or have my wedding at Westin La Paloma?
Yes! The Westin La Paloma has 78,000+ square feet of conference/meeting space with state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment.
- ADDRESS: 3800 E. Sunrise Drive, Tucson
- PHONE: 520-742-6000
- CHECK-IN TIME: 4:00pm
- CHECK-OUT TIME: 11:00am
- PEAK SEASON: Approximately October-April, rates vary $209+/night
- OFF-SEASON: Approximately May-September, rates vary $129+/night
- PARKING: Complimentary self-parking; Valet is available for $20/night
- WIFI: available for a fee
- RESORT FEE: The Daily Resort Charge is $29.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa on Facebook.