REI is collaborating with the Wilderness Medicine Institute of NOLS to offer a comprehensive two day course that will teach you the wilderness medicine skills you need to recreate with confidence in the backcountry. From the Patient Assessment System through traumatic, medical, and environmental emergencies, you’ll experience a wide variety of topics designed to prepare you to act if an accident occurs.
This is a 16 hour course over two days. The course begins at 9am each day and runs through 6pm, with an one hour break midday. Minimum age is 16 years old. You will have both in-store classroom time and hands-on practice scenarios.
Successful completion results in a Wilderness Medicine Institute of NOLS Wilderness First Aid certification.
- LOCATION: Tucson REI, 160 W. Wetmore Rd., Tucson
- DATE: Saturday, October 20, 2012 and Sunday, October 21, 2012
- TIME: 9:00am – 6:00pm, both days
- COST: $200-$220, depending on membership status
- NOTES: There are 23 spots still available. Register today.