Are you looking for a way for your children to build their reading, writing, math, or science skills this summer? Take a look through our list of academic camps in Tucson.
Classes and camps listed here will include general mathematics, algebra, geometry, biology, physics, chemistry, forensics, anatomy, literature, poetry, creative writing, foreign language, and more!
SUMMER CAMP AT THE DESERT MUSEUM
Location: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, 2021 N. Kinney Rd Tucson AZ 85743
To the desert and beyond! The Desert Museum’s hands-on, minds-on summer camps will open your eyes to the wonders of the Sonoran Desert. Campers will explore every nook and cranny of the Museum as they use science to make their own desert discoveries, observe live animals up close, create art, make tools from desert plants, hike in the desert, and go behind the scenes with animal keepers.
Some of the camps being offered include:
- Museum Explorers (Grades 1-6)
- Colors of the Desert: Studio Lab (Grades 7-8)
- Earth Camp (ages 13-15)
Location: Various Locations Around Tucson
Imaginations will soar this summer in the all-new Camp Invention® program, Elevate! Campers in grades K-6 will spark their creativity and build collaboration skills while controlling their very own flight simulation robot, protecting Earth’s ecosystems, designing the ultimate sports complex, and learning the value of their ideas! Local educators will lead fun, hands-on STEM activities inspiring children to ask questions, overcome obstacles, and be confident in their innovative ideas. Call 800-968-4332 to register.
Use promo code LOCAL25 to save $25 (expires 3/31) or LOCAL15 to save $15 (expires 5/12).
SUMMER CAMP AT CHILDREN’S MUSEUM TUCSON
Location: Children’s Museum Tucson, 200 S. 6th Avenue, Tucson AZ 85701
The Children’s Museum Tucson offers half-day camps from 8:30 am-12:30 pm, weekdays from June 1- August 5. Each week has a different focus, from animals to space to engineering to chemistry. Camp fees vary.
PIMA FOR YOUTH CLASSES
Location: All PCC Campuses
Weekly Classes June 1 – July 31, 2020 (no classes June 29 – July 3)
Pima Community College’s non-credit instructor-led STEAM classes promote exposure to college-going culture for youth ages 9-17. Delivered by PCC instructional staff, you can expect high-quality educational experiences through hands-on learning and engagement. Educational content supports academic and career goals in STEAM while exploring potential career pathways and enrollment pipelines into PCC academic programs. Classes are delivered in PCC operated learning labs, performance spaces, classrooms, and technology centers.
For more information, call 520-206-4854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER ACADEMIC CAMPS IN TUCSON:
- Animal Artists for Grades 1-2 at Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Colors of the Desert Studio Lab for Grades 7-8 at Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Earth Camp for Ages 13-15 at Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Playful Packrats for Grades 1-2 at Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Sonoran Scientists for Grades 5-6 at Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Civic Leadership Institute at Arizona State University.
- ACT Prep, SAT Prep, Camp Architecture, and Camp Scrubs at Arizona Youth University.
- Camp Architecture at The University of Arizona.
- Camp Invention at Vail Academy & High School, Coyote Trail Elementary, Tanque Verde Elementary, and Gladden Farms Elementary.
- Math and Reading Program at Kumon.
- Summer Program at Mathnasium.
- Astronomy Camp at Mount Lemmon Observatory.
- Early College Credit, Credit Recovery, and Summer School at Sequoia Choice.