A new family-friendly restaurant has opened on Tucson’s northeast side!
Bear Canyon Pizza, located at 8987 E. Tanque Verde (in the same parking lot as the BLOC and Kirk-Bear Canyon Library), is a modern and attractive space with a mouthwatering menu.
The decor is contemporary and on-trend with metal chairs, comfortable grey booth seats, chalkboard menus, and indoor/outdoor seating.
Parents of little ones will appreciate that there are two different children’s play areas – one inside with a giant chalkboard and a book nook, the other outside with a playhouse and climbing apparatus on a pleasant turf surface.
Obviously, you can order pizza – but think beyond cheese and pepperoni. There are eleven specialty pizzas available – all named after various points on Mt. Lemmon. Specialty pizza prices are as follows – giant slices for $9.50, 14″ for $22.25, or 16″ for $24.50. You can also build your own personal gluten-free pizza for $15.
Other dishes on the menu include calzones ($8), spinach basil pesto ($8 half, $12 full), build your own mac and cheese ($5 half, $8 full), salads ($5.49 half, $8.49 full), and sandwiches ($7.50 for 8-inch, $13 for 16-inch).
A menu is also available for kids 10 and under with four different offerings – pasta alfredo, spaghetti, mac ‘n cheese, and chicken fingers. Each meal on the children’s menu is $5 and comes with a fountain drink. Kids’ sides are $2 extra, either veggies or french fries.
The dessert menu is limited, but local: cheesecake, tiramisu, and Isabella’s ice cream sandwiches.
Also LOCAL – beer, wine, and spirits come from Arizona breweries, wineries, and distilleries. The bar features a fantastic selection of 30+ craft beers on draft (with 15 rotating constantly), 10 wines on tap, local spirits, and a unique specialty Beer Cocktail menu.
- Location: 8987 E. Tanque Verde, Tucson
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11:00am-9:00pm, Friday-Saturday 11:00am-10:00pm
- Lunch Special: Huge slice (personal pizza size) with one topping and a fountain drink for $5.95. Available daily from 11am-3pm.
- Happy Hour: None, but they have a respectable beer selection at competitive prices.
- Delivery Area: North of Snyder to Broadway and from Wentworth to Pantano. No delivery fee.
- Gluten-Free Options: 12″ gluten free pizzas (crusts made locally by Gourmet Girls Gluten Free Bakery). Salads are also gluten free. A good gluten-free pasta option is in the works.
- Social Media: Like Bear Canyon Pizza on Facebook.
- Opened in: October 2016
- Owners: Austin & Devin Santos, Nicholas Heddings
- Chef: Jason Barber (previously at Upper Crust Pizza and Zinburger)