Are you pining for a fun fall experience in the middle of the desert? Have you wondered which Tucson pumpkin patch is best for you and your family?
Scroll below for a comparison of the two pumpkin patch experiences in Southern Arizona and what makes each of them stand out.
Apple Annie's Pumpkin Celebration & Corn Maze
Apple Annie’s Produce & Pumpkins is a family farming operation that has been around since the mid 1980's - and they keep improving their property each year.
Enjoy old-fashioned family fun when you pick your own pumpkins, fall vegetables, and apples.
As for food options, come hungry for a pancake breakfast (served until 10:30am) or order from the lunch menu (served from 11:30am-3:00pm).
If dessert is more your style, you can buy homemade pumpkin fudge, pumpkin pies, pumpkin bread, and/or cider donuts to enjoy on the premises or to bring home with you.
- LOCATION: ORCHARD is located at 2081 W. Hardy Rd, Willcox. PRODUCE & PUMPKINS is located at 6405 W Williams Rd., Wilcox (approximately 1.5 hours from Tucson)
- DATES/TIMES: Apple Annie's Orchard is open daily, 8:00am-5:00pm (July & August) and 9:00am-5:00pm (September & October). Apple Annie's Produce and Pumpkins is open daily, 7:00am-5:00pm (July & August) and 9:00am-5:00pm (September & October). Check the website for updated and/or special event hours.
- COST: Admission is FREE, but you may want to bring cash or another method of payment since you may want to take a hayride, wander through the corn maze, and/or purchase food & drinks.
- WHAT STANDS OUT: largest corn maze in Southern AZ; plentiful photo spots; opens early; no charge for parking or admission; 4 stars on yelp & tripadvisor
- BEST FOR: picking your own fruit and vegetables, purchasing homemade gifts and desserts
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow Apple Annie's on Facebook.
Marana Pumpkin Patch & Farm Festival
Marana Pumpkin Patch offers 50 acres of family fun.
Your admission ticket includes:
- Cornado Swing
- Corn Flyer
- Cyclone Swing
- Farm Animals
- Farm Playland
- Diesel Train
- Honey Pot Spinner
- Jumping Pillow
- Mini Diggers
- Mini Tractors
- Pig Races
- Super Slide
- Tractor Train
Marana Pumpkin Patch & Farm Festivals has two corn mazes, which are 5 acres each.
A wide variety of food items are available for purchase: hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, pulled pork sandwiches, fries, salad, nachos, kids meals, snow cones, apple cobbler, cookies, soft serve ice cream, and soda. Note that no outside food or drinks are permitted.
- LOCATION: 14950 N Trico Rd, Marana (~30 minutes NW of Downtown Tucson)
- DATES/TIMES: October 1-30. Hours are THURS and FRI, 3:00pm-8:00pm, SAT 9:00am-8:00pm, and SUN, 9:00am-7:00pm.
- COST: Admission to the Marana Pumpkin Patch & Farm Festival is $18-$19/person on Thursdays & Fridays and $20-$21/person on Saturdays & Sundays. Save $1/ticket by purchasing your tickets online. Kids, ages 2 and under, get in free.
- WHAT STANDS OUT: only jumping pillow in town; 4 stars on yelp and tripadvisor; pig races; LOTS of kiddie rides, petting zoo with ponies, lambs, miniature donkeys, and more
- BEST FOR: families with small children
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow Marana Pumpkin Patch on Facebook.
OTHER PUMPKIN PATCHES AROUND ARIZONA
Willing to drive 2-4 hours to visit a pumpkin patch? Here are four other amazing Arizona options to consider for 2022:
- Pumpkin & Chili Party at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek, AZ. Hayrides, sunflower fields, roller coaster, ropes course, zip line, jumping pillow, petting zoo, pig races, dog show, corn maze, carousel, mini ferris wheel, mini golf, family museum. Oct 1-30.
- Pumpkin Fest & Corn Maze at Mortimer Farms in Dewey, AZ: Guests will enjoy farm-inspired rides, animal encounter, farm to table concessions, corn maze, pumpkin patch, and the pick-your-own experience. On weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Columbus Day), guests will also enjoy hayrides, food vendors, amazing shows, and entertainment (fire dancers, danger circus show, music, magic show, trick riding motocross, karaoke, barn dance). The Pumpkin Fest & Corn Maze is Sept 26-Oct 31.
- Vertuccio Farms in Mesa, AZ: 5 acre corn maze, mini-golf, giant jump pad, giant tube roll, mini zip line, extreme air pillow, giant tube slide, giant hay climb, spider-web climb, duck races, 1 barrel train ride, animal area, pumpkin bowling, and pallet maze. Sept 30-Oct 30.
SO -- Which Tucson pumpkin patch is best? That depends on where you live and what kind of experience you are looking for. Join the conversation on TucsonTopia's Facebook page.
Of note - We also have a page about Tucson corn mazes!