Located on over 500 acres in the shadows of the magnificent Pusch Ridge mountains, El Conquistador Tucson offers three championship golf courses, 31 lighted tennis courts, sparkling pools, and easy access to hiking, biking, and running trails.
Choose from 428 elegant guest rooms and suite accommodations. The decor is worm and woodsy with a distinctly desert flair.
In-room amenities include:
- Luxurious robes
- Oversized sitting chair with ottoman
- Signature Hilton serenity bed
- Six skin care products by Peter Thomas Roth
- 42-inch flatscreen HD TV
- Refrigerators are included in the 44 Casita Suites and all specialty suites
If you enjoy tennis or golf, you’ll want to bring your clubs out to one of the three championship golf courses [El Conquistador Tucson is the largest golf resort in Southern Arizona] or pick up a racquet at one of 31 lighted tennis courts, which are immaculately maintained.
The resort also offers glittering pools – a general pool, an adults-only pool, and a children’s pool with a 143-foot waterslide.
The Children’s Pool is a hit with little ones, featuring a beach entry and various spray elements. Older kids will zip down the waterside with squeals of laughter. Note that the children’s pool closes at 5:00pm on the off-season so get to the pools early to maximize the fun.
What fun things are there to do within 10 miles of the resort?
- Spend a morning or afternoon at Tohono Chul, a 49-acre oasis that is part garden, part desert trails, and part art exhibits. 4.2 miles away.
- Enjoy bird walks, hiking, and educational programs at Catalina State Park, which is less than 5 miles from the resort. Entrance fees are $3 per individual OR $7 per vehicle.
- Shop at La Encantada – an indoor/outdoor shopping center with Anthropologie, Ann Taylor, Apple Store, Crate & Barrel, etc. Also in the shopping center is Mildred & Dildred, a quaint children’s toy store that offers free storytimes, every Tuesday at 10:30am. 7.3 miles away.
Open Tuesday-Saturday from 5:00-10:00pm, Epazote Kitchen & Cocktails features a southwest-infused menu. Expect to pay $20-$34 for entrees, $7 for sides, and $7-$10 for dessert. A Children’s Menu is also available – $9-$12, with standard fare options like burgers, quesadillas, pasta, chicken fingers, grilled chicken breast, and seared salmon.
Open daily for breakfast (6:30am-11:00am) and lunch (11:00am-1:30pm), Sundance Cafe offers a southwestern style menu featuring “fresh, regional ingredients.” Two breakfast buffets are available – Sundance Buffet ($26) or Continental Buffet ($17). The kid’s breakfast nugget is $8.95 for ages 6 to 12. Ages 5 and under are free with a paying adult. Alternatively, you can choose to order off the traditional breakfast menu – $10-$17/entree. For lunch, you can order salads, sandwiches, or main plates for $10-$17. Sundance also offers dinner on Sunday and Monday only, 5:30pm-9:30pm. A children’s menu is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with entrees ranging from $5.50-$8.00.
Other on-site eateries include Desert Springs Bar & Grill (poolside dining), La Vista Cafe at El Conquistador Country Club, and Conquistador Lobby Lounge (serves Starbucks drinks).
Great restaurant options to consider off property include: Harvest Restaurant, Noble Hops Gastropub, Mama’s Famous Pizza & Heroes, and In-N-Out Burger. All four are within one mile of the resort.
RATES & DEALS
What is the best month/season to visit?
Weather-wise, your best bet would be to enjoy the heavenly winter and spring months – November through mid-April.
That said, you can enjoy smokin’ rates in the warmer months. Learn more about Summer Fun at El Conquistador.
What is “peak season” for the resort? How much do rooms run during the peak season?
Peak season is usually mid-January through mid-May. Rates range from $169-$329 for standard accommodations.
What is considered the “off-season”? How much do rooms run during the off-season?
Off season is roughly Memorial Weekend through Labor Day weekend. Special promotional rates start at $89. Standard rates during this period average about $99+tax and $20 resort service fee per night.
Is there a Daily Resort Charge?
Yes – $20/day.
The fee covers:
- Guest internet access
- 2 bottles of water on arrival
- 1 hour putting and driving range time
- 1 hour tennis court time
- 2 hour bike rental
- Shuttle to Shopping at Oro Valley Marketplace/Country Club
- Daily fitness classes
- 15% off massages at Elements Spa
- Local and Toll-Free calls.
Can I host an event or have my wedding at El Conquistador Tucson?
Yes! El Conquistador Tucson boasts over 100,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor function space.
- ADDRESS: 10000 N. Oracle Road, Tucson
- PHONE: 520-544-5000
- PEAK SEASON: mid-January through mid-May
- OFF-SEASON: Memorial Weekend through Labor Day
- PARKING: Complimentary self-parking; Valet is available for $11/night
- WIFI: Included in the Daily Resort Charge
- RESORT FEE: $20/day
- FACEBOOK: El Conquistador Tucson on Facebook
- TWITTER: El Conquistador Tucson on Twitter