Does your child love doodling on sketchpads, sculpting with play-doh, and painting with watercolors? Take a look through our list of fine arts camps in Tucson.
Classes and camps listed here will include pottery, clay, ceramics, collage, scrapbooking, and acrylics.
Have a budding young artist at home? Need a cool, creative alternative for the hot summer days in Tucson? Creative Juice has the place for you!
Located on Tanque Verde Road (across the street from Golf N Stuff), Creative Juice is a small art studio that offers drawing and painting classes throughout the year – including classes for adults that involve wine!
For 2019, Creative Juice has 18 different summer camp options to choose from. Camps are available in one-week increments. Half-day camps run from 9:00am to 12:00pm or 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Full-day camps run from 9:00am-4:00pm.
Themes for 2019 include: Hello Summer, Nailed It, A Week of Hogwarts, Passion for Painting, Underwater Magic, Beautiful Birds, Clay and Ceramics, Mythical Creatures, Outer Space, Summer Movie Fun, Underwater Adventures, Imagination Gone Wild, Rainbows and Unicorns, Meet the Artists, Medieval Times, Deep in the Jungle, and Architecture in Art.
- LOCATION: 6530 E. Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson
- COST: $175/week per session, $325 full day, (10% discount for siblings) – plus a one time materials fee of $25, payable the week of camp.
- CALL: 520-359-6675
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Like Creative Juice on Facebook.
- REGISTER FOR SUMMER CAMP AT CREATIVE JUICE
TUCSON BOTANICAL GARDENS
The Tucson Botanical Gardens is offering a Naturalist Art Camp this summer for ages 6-8.
Naturalist Art Camp
- Ages 6-8, Monday–Friday, 6/3–6/7, 1–4 pm
Young artists will get to create multiple masterpieces (both 2-D and 3-D) inspired by the gardens beautiful flowers, cactuses, and insects! Campers will use various materials like watercolor, chalk pastel, and clay! Each art lesson will be accompanied by a colorful children’s book focusing on the botanical art lesson of the day. This camp is offered by The Drawing Studio in partnership with Tucson Botanical Gardens.
- LOCATION: Tucson Botanical Gardens, 2150 N. Alvernon Way
- COST: $150/week
- CALL: 520-326-9686
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow Tucson Botanical Gardens on Facebook and Instagram.
- REGISTER FOR NATURALIST ART CAMP AT TUCSON BOTANICAL GARDENS