Give a great big howl of celebration! Great Wolf Lodge is opening their 1st Arizona location.
Slated to open in Scottsdale in 2019, the 350-room family resort will be constructed on an 18-acre site adjacent to Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, located within the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community’s Talking Stick Entertainment District. Great Wolf Lodge Arizona is scheduled to open the second half of 2019, becoming the company’s 18th resort in North America.
“As we look to expand the Great Wolf Lodge experience to new markets across North America and beyond, we are excited to place our newest resort in Arizona and provide visitors across the Southwest with a destination that brings immense joy to families,” said Murray Hennessy, chief executive officer for Great Wolf Resorts, Inc.
Great Wolf Lodge Arizona will be a year-round family destination filled with attractions and amenities for all ages. Some of the highlights include:
- An 85,000-square-foot indoor waterpark, heated to a comfortable 84 degrees and featuring a variety of body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools, and splash areas for every member of the family – from toddlers and teens, to parents and grandparents.
- A 27,000-square-foot family entertainment center known as the Great Wolf Adventure Park. Here, families can scale new heights on a multi-level ropes course, play a round of miniature golf, compete for prizes at the arcade, or step into the fantasy world of MagiQuest – Great Wolf Lodge’s exclusive live-action adventure game where players use interactive magic wands to assist pixies and battle dragons and goblins.
- A first-of-its-kind animated show in the lobby called the Northwoods Friends show, which utilizes projection mapping technology on a moving, three-dimensional multiplane surface to immerse children into the world of the Great Wolf Kids characters.
- A collection of complimentary family events and activities including Yoga Tails, a program that combines tales of the Northwoods creatures with yoga poses, and Great Wolf Lodge’s signature Story Time event, where children gather around the fireplace for a bedtime tale.
- Several dining options, including a collection of eateries inside the Great Wolf Adventure Park, a Dunkin’ Donuts, and a Ben and Jerry’s ice cream parlor. The resort will also feature Barnwood, a full-service farm-to-fork restaurant, featuring dishes made from locally sourced ingredients.
- Family friendly suites in a variety of categories and styles including KidCabin suites with separate sleeping quarters for kids complete with bunk beds and Great Wolf Kids character theming, as well as multiple bedroom suites for large families or multi-generational groups.
Meeting and event planners can also look to Great Wolf Lodge Arizona for their meeting and event needs. The property will boast nearly 6,500 square feet of flexible conference space with breakout rooms, built-in A/V technology, customizable catering options and a team of dedicated industry professionals to tend to every meeting need.
Other Great Wolf Lodge resorts can be found in: Wisconsin Dells, Wis.; Sandusky, Ohio; Traverse City, Mich.; Kansas City, Kan.; Williamsburg, Va.; Pocono Mountains, Pa.; Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada; Mason, Ohio; Grapevine, Texas; Grand Mound, Wash.; Fitchburg, Mass., Charlotte, N.C.; Garden Grove, Calif., Colorado Springs, Colo and Bloomington, Minn.
Additional planned resorts include LaGrange, Ga. (late spring 2018) and Gurnee, Ill. (summer 2018).
For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor water park resorts, visit www.greatwolf.com.