As you know, Great Wolf Lodge is coming to Arizona in 2019! More specifically, the family-focused resort and water park will open in Scottsdale in the Talking Stick Entertainment District.
If you’ve never been to a Great Wolf Lodge property, read on for a full overview (with photos!).
Great Wolf Lodge has an inviting mountain theme that the whole family will love – outdoor scenes, warm wood accents, and paintings/sculpture of forest animals. Some of the rooms even have cabin motifs and bunkbeds.
Bigger family? No problem-o. Great Wolf Lodge is one of the few resorts that offers a plethora of room configurations that sleep 6 to 8.
Most people book a stay at Great Wolf Lodge because of the water park (which is included with your room cost!).
The waterpark at the Arizona resort will be a whopping 85,000 square feet and you can expect it to offer similar areas and slides as the other GWL properties – body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools, and splash areas for every member of the family.
There are splash zones and mini slides for toddlers, medium-sized slides and splashy treehouses for younger children, as well as thrill rides for older tweens/teens and adventurous spirits.
Three huge benefits of Great Wolf Lodge’s waterpark are (1) No sunscreen! It’s indoors! (2) Lots of lifeguards, and (3) there’s something for everyone.
In addition to a HUGE water park, each resort features many (if not all!) of the following elements:
- MagiQuest & ShadowQuest ($) – Scavenger hunt which electronically captures achievements of its participants with a tracked score
- Cub Club – Craft and activity center with nature-themed programming
- Scooops ($) – Spa for kids with treatments themed to ice cream desserts
- Northern Lights Arcade ($) – Family-friendly arcade
- The Great Wolf Kids Store ($) – Store that sells Great Wolf Lodge merchandise for kids
- Creation Station ($) – Children can create stuffed animals and outfit them with clothes and accessories
- Howl At The Moon ($) – Indoor mini-golf that black light special effects
- Howly Wood XD Theater ($)- Movie-based motion thrill ride powered by Triotech
- Ten Paw Alley ($)- Bowling alley that features half-length lanes and low-weight bowling balls
- 4D World ($) – Interactive game in which players aim at targets to acquire points and compete for the highest score
- Elements Spa Salon ($) – Salon services that include massage therapy, body treatments, nail therapy, and makeup
- Clubhouse Crew – A family adventure game that uses interactive screens placed at various locations around the lodge
Most Great Wolf Lodge properties have between 3 and 6 on-site dining options – including poolside snackeries and sit-down fine dining. You should also be able to find venues for coffee, pastries, ice cream, and adult beverages.
MORE INFO ON THE ARIZONA GREAT WOLF LODGE
Great Wolf Lodge Arizona will be a year-round family destination filled with attractions and amenities for all ages. Some of the highlights include:
- An 85,000-square-foot indoor waterpark, heated to a comfortable 84 degrees and featuring a variety of body slides, tube slides, raft rides, activity pools, and splash areas for every member of the family – from toddlers and teens, to parents and grandparents.
- A 27,000-square-foot family entertainment center known as the Great Wolf Adventure Park. Here, families can scale new heights on a multi-level ropes course, play a round of miniature golf, compete for prizes at the arcade, or step into the fantasy world of MagiQuest – Great Wolf Lodge’s exclusive live-action adventure game where players use interactive magic wands to assist pixies and battle dragons and goblins.
- A first-of-its-kind animated show in the lobby called the Northwoods Friends show, which utilizes projection mapping technology on a moving, three-dimensional multiplane surface to immerse children into the world of the Great Wolf Kids characters.
- A collection of complimentary family events and activities including Yoga Tails, a program that combines tales of the Northwoods creatures with yoga poses, and Great Wolf Lodge’s signature Story Time event, where children gather around the fireplace for a bedtime tale.
- Several dining options, including a collection of eateries inside the Great Wolf Adventure Park, a Dunkin’ Donuts, and a Ben and Jerry’s ice cream parlor. The resort will also feature Barnwood, a full-service farm-to-fork restaurant, featuring dishes made from locally sourced ingredients.
- Family friendly suites in a variety of categories and styles including KidCabin suites with separate sleeping quarters for kids complete with bunk beds and Great Wolf Kids character theming, as well as multiple bedroom suites for large families or multi-generational groups.
- Meeting and event planners can also look to Great Wolf Lodge Arizona for their meeting and event needs. The property will boast nearly 6,500 square feet of flexible conference space with breakout rooms, built-in A/V technology, customizable catering options, and a team of dedicated industry professionals to tend to every meeting need.
OTHER GREAT WOLF LODGE LOCATIONS
Great Wolf Lodge is North America’s largest family of indoor water park resorts with locations in: Wisconsin Dells, Wis.; Sandusky, Ohio; Traverse City, Mich.; Kansas City, Kan.; Williamsburg, Va.; Pocono Mountains, Pa.; Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada; Mason, Ohio; Grapevine, Texas; Grand Mound, Wash.; Fitchburg, Mass., Charlotte, N.C.; Garden Grove, Calif. Colorado Springs, Colo, Bloomington, Minn., LaGrange, Ga., and Gurnee, Ill.
TIPS FOR BOOKING A ROOM (AND GETTING A DEAL!)
Room rates are, on average, around $199/night – but this can vary widely depending on the property, time of year, and day of the week. As is the case with most family-centric vacation detonations, Great Wolf Lodge properties tend to be the most crowded around holidays and during the summer. For better rates or smaller crowds, try September, February, or May.
Signing up for Great Wolf Lodge’s email list is also a surefire way to stay on top of special discounts, promotions, and packages.
You’ll also want to subscribe to TucsonTopia’s newsletter and follow TucsonTopia on Facebook as we will continue to keep you posted on developments – including information about how you can be one of the first to experience the Great Wolf Lodge Arizona property when it opens!