La Madera Park is a 5.19-acre neighborhood park in central Tucson that includes a soccer field, playground, exercise equipment, picnic tables, a basketball court with hopscotch and foursquare, and one ramada.
Established in 1946, the park is surrounded by a residential community of the same name with houses that date from 1948 (most were built in the 50’s-70’s). As a result, the park is a hub of activity and is often full of kids, teens, and families. The park also has beautiful mature trees, including high-waving palm trees.
Where is La Madera Park located?
La Madera Park can be found in Central Tucson, north of Glenn, between Country Club and Tucson Blvd. The address is 2700 E. La Madera Drive.
***Moving TO or WITHIN the La Madera neighborhood? We highly recommend Realtor TIM SHEAFFER. Call or text him today at 520-305-9005.
When is the park open?
The park is open daily, 6:00am – 10:30pm.
Why would I visit La Madera Park?
- To participate in or cheer on a little league or soccer team
- To shoot some hoops
- To use the on-site exercise equipment
- To slide and swing on the playgrounds
- To play hopscotch or foursquare
- To attend a birthday party
How much does it cost to visit the park?
Admission to the park is free.
What is the parking situation at La Madera Park?
Free. Pull-in style parking.
What should I bring with me when I visit the park?
Water and snacks. Maybe a picnic blanket, basketball, or a baseball mitt? Sun safety is encouraged. Prepare for a perfect day at the park with a hat, drinking water, and sunscreen.
What is the best season for visiting the park?
How many playgrounds are there at La Madera Park?
There is one playground with a slide, rock climbing wall, swings, and climbing/spinning apparatuses.
Are the playgrounds shaded?
Is there an area for tots & babies?
There are baby swings.
How many tables are there at La Madera Park?
Several unshaded picnic tables with grills. One ramada with picnic tables and a grill.
Are trash cans available and easily accessible?
Are there BBQ grills?
Is there an on-site restaurant or cafe?
What restaurants do you recommend in the area?
There are plenty of restaurants in the vicinity due to the park’s central location. Try:
- Lovin’ Spoonfuls, 2990 N. Campbell Ave. (less than a mile away) – vegetarian, breakfast, lunch, dinner, gluten-free menu, soy-free menu
- D’s Island Grill, 3156 E. Ft. Lowell (less than a mile away) – authentic Jamaican
- Culinary Dropout, 2543 E. Grant Rd (less than a mile away) – classic meals, lunch, dinner, happy hour, bar, live music
- Sauce Pizza & Wine, 2990 N. Campbell (less than a mile away) – pizza, paninis, wine
- Jun Dynasty, 2933 E. Grant Rd (less than a mile away) – authentic Chinese, lunch specials
- eegee’s, 2470 N. Campbell Ave (less than a mile away) – sub sandwiches, ranch fries, slushy drinks
- Prep & Pastry, 2660 N. Campbell (1.1 miles away) – breakfast, lunch, pastries, cocktails, locally sourced ingredients
How close is the nearest grocery store?
Pick up picnic supplies before heading to the park! Safeway, Whole Foods Market, and Trader Joe’s are less than two miles away.
How close is the nearest pizza place?
Fresco Pizzeria is two miles away.
How many sports fields are there?
La Madera Park has:
- one multipurpose field (can be used for soccer or little league)
- one lighted basketball court/hoop
- one playground with swings
- an outdoor workout area
- horseshoe pits
Are restrooms available?
|Parks & Rec Facility||NO|
Check out our other Park Profiles!