La Madera Park is a 5.19-acre neighborhood park in central Tucson that includes a soccer field, playground, exercise equipment, picnic tables, a basketball court with hopscotch and foursquare, and one ramada.
Established in 1946, the park is surrounded by a residential community of the same name with houses that date from 1948 (most were built in the 50’s-70’s).
Where is La Madera Park located?
2700 E. La Madera Drive in Central Tucson. North of Glenn, between Country Club and Tucson Blvd.
When is the park open?
The park is open daily, 6:00am – 10:30pm.
Why would I visit La Madera Park?
- To participate in or cheer on a little league or soccer team
- To shoot some hoops
- To use the on-site exercise equipment
- To slide and swing on the playgrounds
- To play hopscotch or foursquare
- To attend a birthday party
How much does it cost to visit the park?
Admission to the park is free.
What is the parking situation at La Madera Park?
Free. Pull-in style parking.
What should I bring with me when I visit the park?
Water, snacks, and sunscreen. Maybe a picnic blanket, basketball, or a baseball mitt?
What is the best season for visiting the park?
How many playgrounds are there at La Madera Park?
One playground with two slides, monkey bars, a baby swing, and a tic-tac-toe board. A second swing area features two regular swings and two baby swings. Another swing set features four regular swings.
What is the ground surface beneath the playgrounds?
Are the playgrounds shaded?
Is there an area for tots & babies?
Three baby swings.
How many tables are there at La Madera Park?
Several unshaded picnic tables with grills. One ramada with picnic tables and a grill.
Are trash cans available and easily accessible?
Are there BBQ grills?
Is there an on-site restaurant or cafe?
All this playing is making us hungry. What restaurants do you recommend in the area?
If you prefer a restaurant experience, our top picks within a 1-mile radius are:
- Lovin’ Spoonfuls, 2990 N. Campbell Ave. (0.7 miles away) – vegetarian, breakfast, lunch, dinner, gluten-free menu, soy-free menu
- Blue Willow, 2616 N. Campbell Ave. (0.8 miles away) – breakfast, lunch, dinner, bakery, gluten-free menu, patio dining
- Beyond Bread, 4620 N. Oracle Rd. (2.3 miles away) – vegetarian, plant-based, breakfast, lunch, dinner, sandwiches, soups, salad, bakery
If you’re in the mood for a cold slushy-style drink, head to eegee’s at 2470 N. Campbell Ave (0.9 miles away).
How close is the nearest grocery store?
Pick up picnic supplies before heading to the park! Safeway at 1767 E. Prince Rd is 1.3 miles away. Whole Foods Market at 3360 E. Speedway Blvd is 1.7 miles away. Trader Joe’s at 4209 N. Campbell Ave is 1.8 miles away.
How close is the nearest pizza delivery place?
Fresco Pizzeria at 3011 E. Speedway Blvd is 1.6 miles away. Call 520-881-5555. Grimaldi’s Pizza at 446 N. Campbell Ave is 2.3 miles away. Call 520-882-6100.
How many sports fields are there?
La Madera Park has:
- one multipurpose field (can be used for soccer or little league)
- one basketball court/hoop
Are restrooms available?
Are toilet seat covers available?
Is a family restroom available?
|Parks & Rec Facility||NO|
PLAYGROUND RATING: 3
CLEANLINESS OF RESTROOMS: unknown
NOTES: La Madera Park is a neighborhood park with heaps of potential. It is surrounded by a hub of residential and commercial activity – and is often full of kids, teens, and families. The park has some beautiful mature trees, including lovely palms.
- remodel of the playground to include a shade canopy, a smaller playground for tots, and seating for parents
- immediate cleanup of any graffiti or litter
Check out our other Park Profiles!