Let the fun begin!
The Loft Cinema proudly presents the Loft Kids Fest every summer in Tucson. 2017 is the 11th summer where the midtown movie theater will be offering free fun to Tucson families.
Each morning for nine days, children and their parents can experience some of the best family-friendly films, along with a fabulous animated short before every feature! To make the outing extra special, The Loft Cinema and a number of sponsors offer fun games, hands-on activities, live performances, great giveaways, tons-o-free-popcorn, and crazy surprises before the films. Best of all, it’s FREE!
Plus! There’s a FREE RAFFLE to win a $50 Gift Certificate to Mildred & Mildred Toy Store each and every day!
This year’s line-up of films (all rated G or PG) is as follows –
- July 22, 2017 – Cinderella
- July 23, 2017 – Kubo and The Two Strings
- July 24, 2017 – Disneynature: Oceans
- July 25, 2017 – Akeelah and The Bee
- July 26, 2017 – Bee Movie
- July 27, 2017 – The Sandlot
- July 28, 2017 – Looney Tunes On The Big Screen
- July 29, 2017 – Ponyo
- July 30, 2017 – Ice Age
LOFT KIDS FEST AT A GLANCE
- LOCATION: The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway (just east of Country Club), Tucson
- DATES: July 22 – July 30, 2017
- TIMES: Every morning at 10:00am (doors open at 9:15am). Encore screenings at 11:00am on Saturdays and Sundays only. Pre-show activities hosted by the gang from Mildred & Mildred Toy Store, every day starting at 9:15am!
- COST: FREE
MORE ABOUT THE LOFT CINEMA
The Loft Cinema is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in midtown Tucson with a mission to “create community through film, honoring the vision of filmmakers, celebrating ideas and promoting the appreciation and understanding of the art of film.” The 10,934 sq ft building has three screens that can seat 376, 98, and 90 – for a grand total of 564 seats. A snack bar is available with a number of offerings from local restaurants, including Tucson Tamale Company, Fresco Pizzeria, and Isabella’s Ice Cream (see the full menu). Beer + wine are also available for purchase by adult guests.