Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch is “The Darndest Place You’ll Ever Visit!” The operating ostrich ranch has been open since 1999 and allows visitors to feed and pet ostriches, donkeys, goats, deer, prairie dogs, ducks, and lorikeets. On weekends, monster trucks take guests on a 45-minute educational tour through Picacho Peak.
Where is the Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch located?
Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch is located at 17599 E Peak Ln, Picacho, AZ – below Picacho Peak off of Exit 219. You should be able to get from downtown Tucson to Rooster Cogburn in about 40 minutes.
What are the hours?
- Summer (May 1-July 31 and Oct 1-Nov 15): Open on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Fall (August 1–September 30): Open on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Winter (November 16-April 30): Open daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Why would I visit the Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch?
- To have an interaction with different kinds of animals
- To take pictures with lorikeets perched on your shoulder
- To see the scenic view of Picacho Peak
How much does it cost?
6 years and older:
- Feeding Area: $7 (with feed)
- Monster Truck: $15
- Feed & Truck Combo: $20
5 years and younger:
- Feeding Area: Free (no feed)
- Monster Truck: $7 (under age 2 free if they sit on a parent’s lap)
- Feed & Truck Combo: $12 (with feed)
Can I purchase an annual membership instead?
No memberships available.
What is the parking situation?
Free parking is available at the Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch.
What should I wear?
Cool clothing, sunscreen, and sunglasses in the summer months.
What should I bring with me?
Lunch, water, and a camera.
Are restrooms available?
Yes – portable restrooms.
Is outside food allowed? Are picnic tables available?
Yes. There are shaded picnic tables available.
Does the Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch have a restaurant or snack bar?
What restaurants are located NEAR Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch?
Since this restaurant is located along I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix, there aren’t great restaurant options nearby. You’ll probably want to eat in either Tucson or Phoenix – or pack a lunch to bring with you.
BABIES & KIDS
What ages would be best suited for a visit to Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch?
Should I bring a stroller?
Is there a quiet/cozy area for mothers to feed their babies?
Are changing tables available?
What about pets?
Can I have my child’s birthday at Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch?
Yes – schedule a group monster truck tour and enjoy lunch or cake at the provided picnic tables. There are no extra charges to use the facility for a birthday party. Bring your own cake and supplies.
What else do I need to know before I go to the Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch?
- Be sure to carefully follow the instructions for feeding the animals.
- The gift shop sells edible ostrich eggs.
- In the summer, the ranch can get very hot. Plan accordingly by bringing plenty of water and dressing in cool, comfortable clothing.
LOCATION: 17599 E Peak Ln, Picacho, AZ
HOURS: See above
COST: See above