Winter in Tucson. It’s one of the most beloved seasons here in Southern Arizona. With beautiful blue skies, cheerful rays of sunlight, and 40-70 degree temperatures, it’s no wonder that snowbirds and celebrities flock here.
If you have kids, this is the time to enjoy the outdoors. The temps are nice. The birds are singing. The trails are calling. Even if you’re carless, this is the perfect season to get out for a neighborhood walk.
If the weather turns cold (brrrr…50 degrees…that’s the way we roll), read aloud a good book to your little ones and cozy up with steaming hot cocoa.
You may also want to consider these ten ideas for winter family fun in Tucson:
- Drive the winding roads up to Mt. Lemmon. Build a snowman. Make snow angels. Have an all-out snowball fight.
- Hike Sabino Canyon.
- Go to storytime at one of the many Tucson libraries and bookstores.
- Visit a Tucson park and have a picnic.
- See a Gaslight Theatre show.
- Find a 5K to run in together as a family and/or sign up the little ones for a Kids Fun Run.
- Schedule an outdoor family photo shoot while the weather is wondrous.
- Get a piping hot pizza for $10 at Costco.
- Brainstorm ways to make a difference in Tucson – and come up with an action plan.
- Subscribe to the FamilyFun category on TucsonTopia, Like the TucsonTopia Facebook Page, and/or Subscribe to our “THIS WEEK IN TUCSON” e-newsletter so you stay-up-to-date on the best happenings around town.
What do YOU do with your kids in the winter in Tucson? Leave a comment and share your ideas!