Are you looking for a summer class, camp, program, or activity for your teen? Take a look through our list of summer camps for teens in Tucson.
Classes and camps listed here will cover a variety of themes – dance, drama, sports, cooking, college prep, and technology.
All camps and programs listed here have opportunities for grades 7-12 or ages 13-19.
You may also be interested in:
- 40 Things for Teens To Do in Tucson
- Volunteer Opportunities for Teens in Tucson
- Pima County Summer Youth Program (jobs for ages 14-21)
CRESCENDO Summer Vocal Camp
Location: St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 8051 E. Broadway, Tucson AZ 85710
Crystal Stark is pleased to announce “Crescendo” – a 4 week beginning and intermediate vocal camp for students ages 8-18. Students will meet once a week for 3 hours to work on vocal technique, vocal warm-ups, breath control, stage presence, audition training, microphone technique, and much more! Students will participate in a vocal concert on the last day of camp. Friends and family are encouraged to attend the performance! Space is limited to 20 students so reserve your spot now!
Cost is $250. This includes 12 hours of vocal training. (A value of $720!). Crescendo Vocal Camp is the equivalent of receiving 3 months of private vocal lessons condensed into one month. If you’re interested in giving your vocal talent a “jump start,” this is the program for you!
CAMP 1 SCHEDULE
Saturday June 6th, 10am – 1pm
Saturday June 13th, 10am – 1pm
Saturday June 20th, 10am – 1pm
Saturday June27th, 2pm – 5pm
Saturday June 27th – 6pm Performance
CAMP 2 SCHEDULE
Saturday July 11th 2pm – 5pm
Saturday July 18th 10am – 1pm
Saturday July 25th 10am – 1pm
Saturday August 1st 10am – 1pm
Saturday August 1st 6pm Performance
Christian Youth In Action (CYIA)
Location: Tucson and Prescott
Child Evangelism Fellowship offers two summer opportunities for teens!
Christian Youth in Action attend 10 days of training camp in Prescott, AZ (May 27-June 5, 2020). Learn to present the Gospel clearly on a child’s level, counsel a child for salvation, and lead a dynamic 5-day club ministry for kids. Components of this club ministry include teaching a Bible lesson, a real-life missionary story, and a Bible verse – as well as leading songs, games, and a fun review time with a team!
Christian Youth in Training attend 3 days of training in Tucson, AZ (June 10-12, 2020). Learn how to help support a 5-day club ministry for kids, including teaching a real-life missionary story and Bible verse as well as leading songs, games, and a fun review time!
After this training, you return to your local community and teach 5-day clubs in various locations with a team of other teens, which can be in parks, homes, or community centers…anywhere children gather! The parachutes, music, Bible lesson, candy, and review games are a lot of fun for the kids and parents alike!
Interested? Apply online at the link below or send an email to Jon Habegger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a part of an amazing team that reaches kids for Christ .
- See YOUR faith grow deeper.
- Build new friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Gain ministry experience.
- Be forever changed!
SUMMER CAMP AT THE DESERT MUSEUM
Location: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, 2021 N. Kinney Rd Tucson AZ 85743
To the desert and beyond! The Desert Museum’s hands-on, minds-on summer camps will open your eyes to the wonders of the Sonoran Desert. Campers will explore every nook and cranny of the Museum as they use science to make their own desert discoveries, observe live animals up close, create art, make tools from desert plants, hike in the desert, and go behind the scenes with animal keepers.
Some of the camps being offered include:
- Colors of the Desert: Studio Lab (Grades 7-8)
- Earth Camp (ages 13-15)
Just Horsin’ Around
Location: Vail, AZ (near Sahuarita and Davidson)
Do you have a Horse crazy kid? Just Horsin’ Around Horse Camps are awesome!
Professional instructors. Small group instruction. Horsemanship, trail riding, round pen, and arena work. Hands-on environment. All-day camp with transportation available. Just Horsin’ Around has been in business since 1997. Limited camp spots available.
Beginner through intermediate riders. Children must be at least 7 years old through high school. Camp hours are 7:45am to 3:45pm. Children must bring a lunch from home and a water bottle each day.
Transportation available from Fry’s Gas Station in Rita Ranch at 7am and 4:45pm, Roadrunner Market in Corona de Tucson 7:20am and 4:30pm, and Qwik Mart on Colossal Cave at 7:15am and 4:30. Additional transportation available to and from Tucson for Summer Camp.
Dates for 2020 Horse Camps are:
- May 25-29
- June 1-5
- June 15-19
- June 22-26
- July 6-10
- July 13-17
PIMA FOR YOUTH CLASSES
Location: All PCC Campuses
Weekly Classes June 1 – July 31, 2020 (no classes June 29 – July 3)
Pima Community College’s non-credit instructor-led STEAM classes promote exposure to college-going culture for youth ages 9-17. Delivered by PCC instructional staff, you can expect high-quality educational experiences through hands-on learning and engagement. Educational content supports academic and career goals in STEAM while exploring potential career pathways and enrollment pipelines into PCC academic programs. Classes are delivered in PCC operated learning labs, performance spaces, classrooms, and technology centers.
For more information, call 520-206-4854 or send an email to email@example.com.
OTHER CAMPS & CLASSES FOR TEENS IN TUCSON:
- Weekly Ballet, Tap, and Jazz Classes at Academy of Ballet, Tap, & Jazz.
- Day Camps, Team Camps, and Elite Camps at Adia Barnes Basketball Academy.
- Guitar, Piano, Voice, Violin, Drum, Brass, and Woodwinds Lessons at Allegro School of Music.
- Guitar, Piano, Voice, Violin, and Drum Lessons at Amadeus Music Academy.
- Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Tap, and Pointe Classes at Arizona Ballet Theatre.
- Civic Leadership Institute at Arizona State University.
- Summer Backstage and Summer On Stage at Arizona Theatre Company.
- ACT Prep, SAT Prep, Camp Architecture, and Camp Scrubs at Arizona Youth University.
- Disney’s Moana Jr and Disney’s The Lion King Jr theatre camps at Arts Express.
- Come From Away (ages 11-18), My Artistic SELFIE (ages 13-18), and My Artistic BLUEPRINT (ages 14-18) teen camps at Arts Express.
- Summer Intensive Programs at Ballet Rincon.
- Voice, Piano, Theory, and Audition Prep Lessons at Crystal Stark Music.
- Summer Cooking Camps for Teens at Cuisine Classique.
- Ballet, Pointe, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre Jazz, Lyrical Jazz, Contemporary, Modern, Acrobatics, Broadway Tap, Tap, and Tumble Classes at Danswest.
- Mini Camp, Serve & Pass Clinic, Intermediate & Advanced All Skills Camp, High School Team Camp, Position Camp, and Elite Camp with David Rubio Volleyball Camp at The University of Arizona.
- Youth Blacksmithing Camps at Desert Metal Craft.
- Taekwondo Classes at Desert Taekwondo.
- Musical Theater Camp and Rockstartopia with Drama Kids International.
- Karate Classes at Eastside Karate.
- Martial Arts Classes for Teens at Gracie Barra.
- Math and Reading Program at Kumon.
- Summer Music, Theatre, and Dance Camps for Grades K-12 at Live Theatre Workshop.
- Summer Program at Mathnasium.
- Astronomy Camp at Mount Lemmon Observatory.
- Ballet, Jazz, and Tap Classes at Music and Dance Academy.
- Piano, Keyboard, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Violin, Viola, Cello, Flute, Saxophone, Clarinet, Bassoon, Oboe, Trumpet, Drums, and Voice Lessons at Music and Dance Academy.
- Junior Tennis Clinics and Tennis Summer Camps at Reffkin Tennis Center.
- Teen Martial Arts at Rita Ranch Martial Arts.
- Early College Credit, Credit Recovery, and Summer School at Sequoia Choice.
- Camp Architecture at The University of Arizona.