Have you noticed a hint of coolness in the air? If you're a Tucson native, you've probably already pulled out your sweaters, boots, and beanies- despite the fact that it's still 75 and sunny. ;)
Whether you're wearing a tank top or a hoodie, there's no denying that fall in Tucson is a beautiful thing. We've officially entered the long and lovely season of bike-riding, hiking, picnicking, rock climbing, and playground exploring. While a large percentage of the rest of country hunkers down for snow and ice, we will tilt our heads toward the sun and spend as much time as possible in the glorious mountain air.
Here are 25 ideas for enjoying autumn in the Sonoran Desert with your children.
- Get lost in one of the four corn mazes near Tucson.
- Visit the roses in bloom at Reid Park's Rose Garden.
- See the butterfly exhibit at Tucson Botanical Gardens.
- Wander the paths at Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
- Splash at one of the 5 best splash pads in Tucson before they close for the season.
- Take a peek at the brand new exhibits at Children's Museum Tucson.
- Go to the HUB for ice cream; then browse through books at the Main Library.
- Hike to 7Falls.
- Get a library card and check out books + movies galore.
- Drive up the winding road to Mt. Lemmon to see the fall colors.
- Enjoy a milkshake and retro tunes at Little Anthony’s Diner.
- Take your stroller and walk the path at Udall Park or the Julian Wash Greenway.
- Pack a picnic and take it to Saguaro National Park East or West.
- Dress up and enjoy brunch at the Garden Bistro at Tohono Chul Park.
- Fully enjoy the lovely weather and play at a Tucson park.
- Get a pizza and frozen yogurt at Costco.
- Sign up your kids (and yourself!) for FREE Birthday Treats in Tucson.
- Bike ride in your neighborhood.
- Run in a 5K together or sign up your child for a Kid's Fun Run.
- Go through your child's closet and trade in gently used items at Little Bird Nesting Company or Sweet Repeats.
- Go to storytime at Barnes & Noble, Bookmans, Mildred & Dildred, or your local library.
- Make pumpkin pie, apple crisp, ginger cookies, or chili.
- Pick one of the ideas on this list of 30 Things You Can Do To Make A Difference In Tucson...and do it!
- Subscribe to the TucsonTopia newsletter.
- Like the TucsonTopia Facebook Page so you don’t miss any updates.
What do YOU do with your kids in the fall in Tucson? Leave a comment and share your ideas!