Nestled in the Saguaro covered foothills of west Tucson, JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa offers a peaceful getaway in a secluded desert environment. Enjoy three nine-hole desert golf courses, a full-service spa, a nightly complimentary tequila toast, a lazy river with waterslide, and natural trails for hiking + biking.
Scroll through our comprehensive Resort Report for answers to frequently asked questions.
Choose a standard guest room, a 1-bedroom suite, or a 2-bedroom suite. The decor is southwestern, with sandy tones against white bedding and backdrops.
In-room amenities include:
- Plush robes
- High-speed internet
- Flat screen TV
- Mini bar
- Daily housekeeping
- Down comforters
- Designer duvets
- Walk-in shower
- Separate bathtub
If you enjoy golf, you’ll likely be pleased by the THREE nine-hole desert golf courses.
The resort also offers two swimming areas – an outdoor multi-level pool and the starr canyon lazy river (where you can borrow an inner tube and glide around the circle to your heart’s content). The Monsoon Falls Waterslide offers lots of excitement for all ages (the 175 foot slide plunges into the 85 degree water below!). A separate lap pool is also available for a daily fee or with purchase at the spa.
Hiking and biking are obvious recreational choices since Starr Pass is right in the middle of the desert. Almost every morning, there is a nature walk that guests can participate in.
An on-site fitness center is also open to all guests and includes cardiovascular equipment and free weights.
If you prefer to “check in” your kids for their own fun, Starr Pass offers the Rising Starr Club, with full and half day sessions.
There is also a designated area for teens – Blur Teen Lounge – with games and movies for guests ages 13 to 19.
Kids, 15 years old and under, play golf for free after 3:00pm when accompanied by a full paying adult.
The lazy river and waterslide will likely account for hours of water play. Note that the waterslide has a 42″ height requirement and tandem riding is prohibited. For little ones, there is a very small splash area.
The children’s menus offer pretty standard fare (cheese quesadillas, hamburgers, pb&js, etc) for $9-$14.
What fun things are there to do near the resort?
JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort is semi-secluded. If you want to visit some of the Tucson-area attractions, you’re looking at a 20-40 minute drive.
If you do have the urge to see the sights, consider the following options.
- Head Downtown for fantastic food and a fun cultural experience! Ride the Tucson Streetcar. Eat at Agustin Kitchen, 5 Points Market, Pizzeria Bianco, or Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails. Roam inside the Tucson Museum of Art. See a show at Fox Tucson Theatre or Centennial Hall. 15 minutes away.
- See desert wildlife and plant life in all its regal beauty at the acclaimed Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. 22 minutes away.
- Shop at La Encantada – an indoor/outdoor shopping center with Anthropologie, Ann Taylor, Apple Store, Crate & Barrel, Gymboree, J.Crew, Mildred & Dildred, etc. 33 minutes away.
- Enjoy free admission to DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun, a 10-acre art gallery featuring the work and life of Ted DeGrazia. 35 minutes away.
There are several different dining options on-property at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass.
PRIMO with patio dining is open for dinner and includes an extensive (and expensive) menu – replete with local and organic ingredients.
Signature Grill with patio dining features “fine-dining with a distinctly Southwestern blend of Mexican, Native American, and Cowboy influences.” Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Catalina BBQ Co & Sports Bar serves smoked meats and other Southwestern specialties at lunch and dinner.
Salud is your casual bar stop for happy hour and the nightly tequila toast. Appetizers are available on the menu.
If you prefer to dine poolside, you can order salads, sandwiches, tacos, wraps, and cocktails at Plunge.
There is also a full-service, on-property Starbucks.
Great restaurant options to consider off property include: Teresa’s Mosaic Cafe (3.2 miles away), Agustin Kitchen (4.8 miles away), Maynards Market (5.9 miles away), and 47 Scott (6.2 miles away). Again, Starr Pass is in a very private location. Expect to drive 20-40 minutes to most area attractions and restaurants.
RATES & DEALS
What is the best month/season to visit?
Weather-wise, your best bet would be to enjoy the heavenly winter and spring months – November through mid-April.
That said, you can enjoy better rates in the warmer months.
Can I host an event or have my wedding at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass?
Yes! Starr Pass offers outdoor spaces as well as spacious ballroom options. The conference area includes 81,000 sq ft.
- ADDRESS: 3800 W. Starr Pass Boulevard, Tucson
- PHONE: 520-792-3500
- CHECK-IN TIME: 4:00pm
- CHECK-OUT TIME: 11:00am
- PEAK SEASON: winter
- OFF-SEASON: summer
- PARKING: Self-parking for $10/day; Valet Parking for $20/day. For local residents coming to dine, parking is provided at no charge.
- WIFI: Complimentary with Daily Resort Fee
- RESORT FEE: Yes
- FACEBOOK: JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa on Facebook
- TWITTER: JW Marriott on Twitter