Halloween is on Wednesday, October 31, 2018! Do you already have plans? You can find a full line-up of Tucson Halloween Events elsewhere on our site.
Below you will find ideas about where to go in Tucson to find costumes for your kids (and yourself!). We especially encourage you to shop local and support small businesses in our community.
Little Bird Nesting Company
- Address: 4508 E. Broadway Blvd (between Swan & Columbus)
- Hours: T-TH 10am-6pm, FRI-SAT 10am-7pm, SUN 12pm-4pm, MON CLOSED
Little Birds bills itself as “Tucson’s cutest resale boutique.” The buy-sell-trade retail store features gently used clothing, shoes, accessories, strollers, baby carriers, cloth diapers, and more for newborn up to age 8. Last time we were in the store, they had a plentiful supply of costumes – especially for babies + toddlers! Most costumes are between $5 and $10 (infant – 8 years) and accessories start at 99 cents.
InJoy Thrift Store
InJoy Thrift Store is one of the biggest and cleanest thrift stores in Tucson. Located at Broadway & Pantano in East Tucson, this spacious store currently has $10 costumes for adults (in size small and medium) and $5 costumes for kids. Costumes will be 1/2 off at InJoy from October 24th until they sell out.
Mildred & Dildred
- Address: 2905 E. Skyline Dr.
- Hours: MON-WED 10am-7pm, THURS-SAT 10am-8pm, SUN 11am-6pm
- Attraction Guide
Mildred & Dildred is a charming local toy store in the La Encantada shopping center that specializes in high quality and educational gifts for children of all ages. While the costume options are limited at this small shop (princess dresses, fireman coats, tutus, superhero capes, and butterfly wings), they are sure to be imaginative and fun. Perfect for playing dress-up all yearlong!
Note: If you are looking for costumes by Little Adventures or Melissa & Doug, Mildred & Dildred favors those two brands and has a decent selection.
Gaslight Costume Shoppe
- Address: 7004 E. Broadway Blvd. (in the same building as The Gaslight Theatre and Little Anthony’s Diner)
- Hours: October 1st-21st: Mon– Sat, 10am-7pm, Sun 12pm-5pm; October 22nd-30th: Mon– Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 12pm-5pm; October 31st: 10am-7pm
The Gaslight Costume Shoppe is a local, year-round costume shop filled to the brim with rental and purchase costumes along with professional makeup, high quality wigs, and accessories. Costumes range from Zelda and the Mario Brothers to 1920’s flappers and gangsters (+ much more!). Costume pieces start as low as $10 with more extravagant rental costumes reaching up to $175. Find men’s and women’s clothing in size XS up through extended sizes. No children’s costumes, but accessories can work for every age! There are four dressing rooms in the shop.
You may also want to peruse the aisles at these other local thrift stores.
- 1st Rate Second Hand Thrift Store, 5851 E. Speedway (between Craycroft & Wilmot)
- Savers, 5845 E. Broadway (between Craycroft & Wilmot)
- Tucson Thrift Shop, 319 N. 4th Ave
If you don’t find what you are looking for at any of the above options, you can also choose to shop at one of the big box party shops around town.
- Disney Outlet, 6401 W. Marana Center Blvd (at Tucson Premium Outlets)
- Disney Store, 4500 N. Oracle Rd (in the Tucson Mall)
- Party City, 5566 E. Broadway Blvd (east of Craycroft)
- Party City, 7401 N. LaCholla Blvd (between Ina & Magee)
- Party City, 5367 S. Calle Santa Cruz (west of I-19 between Drexel & Irvington)
Also – When all else fails, consider: Costco! Their costumes are already out for the season so you can browse the selection next time you shop.
Five to ten Spirit Halloween shops pop up seasonally and then disappear for the rest of the year, but we’re not a fan of their spooky logo or their provocative costume selection. Plus, they generally have awful reviews on yelp and trip advisor. Shop elsewhere if you can.
- Spirit Halloween, 2930 N. Campbell Ave (north of Glenn)
- Spirit Halloween, 5975 E. Broadway (across from Park Place)
- Spirit Halloween, 5548 E. Grant Rd (just east of Craycroft)
- Spirit Halloween, 6230 E. Broadway (just west of Wilmot)
- Spirit Halloween, 405 E. Wetmore Rd (between Stone & 1st)
- Spirit Halloween, 4625 N. Oracle Rd (north of Wetmore)
- Spirit Halloween, 2982 W. Ina Rd (west of Shannon)
- Spirit Halloween, 10805 N. Oracle Rd (Oro Valley)